CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Seige of University of Tehran Imminent

Tweets aren't as affected by WWW slowdowns as browsing. Here's a tweet grid that gives real-time updates from the streets of Tehran and the University. Click the link below, then click the link "Torrents" near the upper left corner of the page, then "10-way Tweet grid" at the top of the main page.

Or, if you want a direct link,

Some of the posts date from last June so browse for the current stuff. There are lots of other links that are current around this web site.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

OK, it's happening. News story, with photo:

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

OK, it's happening. News story, with photo:

You may choose to keep your population ignorant and subservient or you may choose to educate them. If you choose education, you must not be surprised when they reject subservience. Ask the U.S.S.R.

Al Gore's Internet sealed their fate.

Unemployment among the young in Iran is just under 30%. Oil-rich Iran imports nearly 40% of its subsidized gasoline. Due to its lack of maintenance and exploration, Iran will likely be unable to export oil in 3-4 years time.

Time Bomb: tick, tick, tick . . .

Think it's a good idea for them to have nuclear weapons?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

History tells us that primitive regimes sometimes see conquest and pillage as the way forward in times of crisis. It puts the people to work, gives them an enemy, and brings home booty. The problem is, it's just another bubble, at best. And, since the Renaissance, when you do it the whole world knows and turns on you if you have any success.

Iran's cover story is that they see their oil running out and need nuclear power. We, the world, are willing to allow them to have nuclear power if they simply go along with some precautions that take ancillary warhead manufacture out of the loop, such as allowing Russia to do the Uranium enrichment and plutonium extraction, which could be very helpful in terms of getting things up and generating electricity sooner. But, they won't go along with any of that, they keep diversifying their installations geographically and burying them in caves, and they have been caught testing advanced small tactical nuclear warhead techniques. And, unlike any of the existing nuclear powers (other than North Korea) their plans don't seem to be aligned with keeping the peace and national security, but with domination and annihilation.

So, where is this going? Everybody seems to know except Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and his Council. The educated Iranians are trying to save their country.

The response to this gathering storm?

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and his Council are speaking to the illiterate masses of the Islamic world and appealing for support for jihad, thus demonstrating that they don't get it.

Jim thanks for posting this and following up. I am reading along, even if I don't have anything to add.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce -- thanks for caring, even though I started this thread myself.

If you read between the lines in the link, what's behind the logic of the return of the Mahdi as related by Ahmadinejad, is that this event signifies the emergence of Iran as the leader of the world-wide borderless Caliphate. It's an admission that the ambition of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and his Council is world domination.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who understood Ayatollah Khomeini of the 1979 Revolution or who read his manifesto, Velayat-e faqih and other books.

The continuing Iranian internal crisis has been pushed off the front page by another Baghdad bombing spree. But, the beat goes on. Check the first link and links from that site for continuing updates, particuarly the Tweet grid.

The educated Iranians are trying to save their country.

Would that they prevail. Odds are slim. Ignorance is formidable.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived