CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

front brakes leaking

lothos

Need help guys. Front brakes are leaking inside the drivers front wheel well. I suspect the rubber hose. It is spraying with some force every time the brakes are pressed.

Is there anything else under there besides the rubber hose that could be leaking? Posting this from my phone, not @ home no access to a computer.

Thanks!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

Need help guys. Front brakes are leaking inside the drivers front wheel well. I suspect the rubber hose. It is spraying with some force every time the brakes are pressed.

Is there anything else under there besides the rubber hose that could be leaking? Posting this from my phone, not @ home no access to a computer.

Thanks!

You are lucky if it is the hose (easy to replace). It could be a rusted through steel line as well. I would not drive a car with leaking FRONT line/hose.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

You are lucky if it is the hose (easy to replace). It could be a rusted through steel line as well. I would not drive a car with leaking FRONT line/hose.

it was weird, I drove the car home from work just fine, didn't notice anything weird. Got changed for martial arts, and then I went to start the car and leave, and the brake pedal went straight to the floor. I could see a puddle under the drivers door, bent down and could see it spraying under there.

I rented a brake flare kit since you stated it might be a line. I ended up not needing it which was good, because the kit didn't have the cutter tool inside.

It ended up being the brake hose. It was pretty easy to swap out. I ran into a problem with the bracket though. There's a bracket where the rubber hose meets the brake line, and the bracket holds that to the car. It was a royal pain getting the hose off of that bracket and clamping it back on. I spent about 2 hours replacing the hose, and I swear about 45 minutes of that was dealing with that bracket :lol:

thank you adallak, I was prepared thanks to you. if it had been the line I would have been stuck and missed work tomorrow without picking up that brake flare tool.

Cheers!

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

It would be a good idea to check the other front brake hose to make sure it is not cracked or on its way to failure.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

It would be a good idea to check the other front brake hose to make sure it is not cracked or on its way to failure.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make sure I inspect it when I do an oil change this weekend.

Cheers!

Archived