CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Lost our local Cadillac dealership

unknown_eyes

I was talking to a young man today that had recently purchased a used CTS-V, 2005 or 2006, I can't remember which. He was telling me that our local Cadillac dealer had lost its franchise because they had decline to sign the GM Participation Agreement. They lost their Jeep franchise in May of this year as well. So I guess, they will just continue to sell used vehicles.

do or die

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

GM or Cadillac of course don't own the Dealerships; the Dealers are independent companies that contract with GM/Cadillac to sell their products.

Yes, GM and the NADA (dealer's association) went through a lot of churn in June/July on this topic, but finally reached the text of an agreement that appeared to be fair to both parties. Unfortunately some franchise agreements are being terminated, and some dealers are choosing not to continue as dealers for the brand.

Hopefully the result is a stronger dealer network, with profitable and capable dealer stores.

Do you know where you next closest Cadillac Dealer is? They will likely be happy to have your business.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

GM or Cadillac of course don't own the Dealerships; the Dealers are independent companies that contract with GM/Cadillac to sell their products.

Yes, GM and the NADA (dealer's association) went through a lot of churn in June/July on this topic, but finally reached the text of an agreement that appeared to be fair to both parties. Unfortunately some franchise agreements are being terminated, and some dealers are choosing not to continue as dealers for the brand.

Hopefully the result is a stronger dealer network, with profitable and capable dealer stores.

Do you know where you next closest Cadillac Dealer is? They will likely be happy to have your business.

The next closest Cadillac dealer is about 35 miles away. I live in a smallish town and that Cadillac dealer was small by any standards. I guess if I have to order anything from a dealer I could get it from the Chevy or GMC/Buick dealer if I can't locate it online.

Just a sign of the times I guess. The only new dealers we have are the big three, and then a handful of used lots.

But as you said, hopefully they will come out as a stronger dealer network in the end.

2001 Deville, Sterling Silver exterior with Dark Gray leather, 93k miles

If you need any dealership tools...here is your chance.

They will sell tools. If your looking for a GM Tech 2 for example. We picked up 2 from a closing Saturn dealer. One working, one not. Parted out the broken one on eBay and it paid for both tools.

Archived