CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Line Problem

KY-Ron

I have a 97 STS that has a strong smell of gas. After looking at the engine I noticed a small pin hole in the line between 2 injectors. My question, How do you repair this line, as it appears to be some type of plastic line? Thanks for you help.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks this is just what i needed, at the dealer now being repaired under call back program.

Thanks again

Hey, Ron...could you please tell me the dealership that you used? My dealer says he is not being authorized to do the recall. How did you get them to get it authorized? Maybe I can get them to call your dealership to comfirm. Mine has already got a pinhole leak and I need it repaired badly. Thanks for any help you can give. Rick in CO.

Rick,

The dealer was SAM SWOPE Cadillac in Louisville, Ky.

Phone number is 502-499-5010. I just printed off the post above that reference the National Highway Safety Board ruling. The service manager said he would have to call the regional manager. When I called back about 6 hours later he told me my car was done. They didn't have a stainless steel replacement part but put on a new plastic/nylon (black one) one. They said I would have to come in again as soon as they had parts and I got my letter/card in the mail. The service manager said the recall notice was correct and they had to fix any that had a problem with a leak. I too had a pin hole leak that was spraying gas over the engine (A fire/explosion waiting to happen).

I' ve got 78K on my 97 seville so it was well out of warranty.

I hope this helps, But print out the link above safety bulletin and take it with you, if still no go, tell them you want to talk with the regional manager.

The service gut said the part was $350 plus labor. I can see a $500-750 bill for this repair. ;)

Rick,

The dealer was SAM SWOPE Cadillac in Louisville, Ky.

Phone number is 502-499-5010. I just printed off the post above that reference the National Highway Safety Board ruling. The service manager said he would have to call the regional manager. When I called back about 6 hours later he told me my car was done. They didn't have a stainless steel replacement part but put on a new plastic/nylon (black one) one. They said I would have to come in again as soon as they had parts and I got my letter/card in the mail. The service manager said the recall notice was correct and they had to fix any that had a problem with a leak. I too had a pin hole leak that was spraying gas over the engine (A fire/explosion waiting to happen).

I' ve got 78K on my 97 seville so it was well out of warranty.

I hope this helps, But print out the link above safety bulletin and take it with you, if still no go, tell them you want to talk with the regional manager.

The service gut said the part was $350 plus labor. I can see a $500-750 bill for this repair. ;)

Hey thanks so much, Ron. I called the dealer and said he was trying to track down the service rep for the area. I hope that works for me. Thanks again for your help and quick reply. Take good care! Rick in CO.

The Cadillac fuel line recall will start in August. Here are the related GM documents etc....

It is in a PDF format. So you will need Adobe reader to see them.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...IfsDocId=04V110

Archived