CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

So what's up with this fuel rail recall

tekfx19

I got the same post as many of you, and i actually DO need to replace my fuel rail. So how come when i went over to the caddy dealership they looked at me like i was from mars. They said we never heard of any fuel rail recall on the Seville at all. So i went home called up the phone number of the website from the link of the previous post, and they said yes caddy does have a recall and u should call up cadillac directly. They gave me caddys number and i called them up, they said that they never heard of any recall either. So.... whats up with this recall? is it a big joke or what?

The '95-97s were added to the recall....maybe 8 weeks ago...

Its the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

GM as a corporation has decided to recall the fuel lines.

Dealerships, are independently owned. So it will take a little time for them to be notified also.

Someone else on this board had the same exact problem. I think they had GM do a 3 way call to the dealer and inform them that, yes, there is a recall, replace the plastic line now with a new one, then when the SS replacements are available, install one of those. All at no charge.

The recall is also available on the NHTSA website. It has also been posted on Bruces site also.

Here is the bulletin from the NHTSA website:

NHTSA Action Number : EA04003 NHTSA Recall Campaign Number : 04V110000

Make : CADILLAC Model: DEVILLE

Manufacturer : GENERAL MOTORS CORP. Year : 1995

Component : FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE

Date Investigation Opened : February 3, 2004

Date Investigation Closed : April 23, 2004

Summary:

ON MARCH 3, 2004, GENERAL MOTORS NOTIFIED ODI THAT IT WAS RECALLING APPROXIMATELY 94,000 MY 1995-97 OLDSMOBILE AURORA VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 4.0L V8 ENGINES (RPO L47 - VIN8 "C") TO ADDRESS CONCERNS WITH UNDERHOOD FUEL LEAKAGE FROM CRACKED FUEL RAILS AND, IN SOME OF THE VEHICLES, CRACKED FUEL RETURN LINES. ACCORDING TO GM, THE NYLON TUBING (PA12) USED IN THE FUEL RAIL CONSTRUCTION IN THESE VEHICLES MAY DEGRADE AND CRACK. GM'S SUPPLIER ATTRIBUTED THE CRACKING TO THE COMBINED EFFECTS OF HEAT, TIME, ALCOHOL FUEL, FUEL PRESSURE CYCLING, AND DESIGN STRESSES. IN ADDITION, GM STATED THAT THE MY 1995 AURORA USES A UNIQUE UNDERHOOD FUEL RETURN LINE THAT MAY ALSO CRACK AT UNUSUALLY HIGH RATES. GM DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW FUEL RAIL CONSTRUCTED OUT OF STAINLESS STEEL IN ALL OF THE RECALLED VEHICLES AND WILL ALSO INSTALL A REVISED CHASSIS FUEL RETURN LINE IN THE MY 1995 AURORAS. ON APRIL 16, 2004, GENERAL MOTORS NOTIFIED ODI THAT IT WAS ADDING APPROXIMATELY 389,000 MY 1995-97 CADILLAC SEVILLE, DEVILLE AND ELDORADO VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH 4.6L V8 ENGINES (RPO'S LD8 AND L37 - VIN8 "Y" AND "9") TO RECALL 04V-110. THE RECALLED CADILLACS WILL RECEIVE THE NEW STAINLESS STEEL FUEL RAILS. THIS ENGINEERING ANALYSIS IS CLOSED.

Try printing that out and show it to your dealer.

thanx logan very much for the additional info. So im gonna have to go to the dealership with a gm rep in my trunk now, or maybe give a phonecall to someone, do u or anyone else on the board know which facet of gm to call that 1) knows about the recall, and 2) has the power to make the dealership give me a new one.

Btw

on a "lighter" note i wish someone would invent a device that u can plug into ur back spoiler led brakelight on the seville and make the leds go back and forth knight rider style..... any possibilities??????

• 2 weeks later...

Geeez....I saw one tonight on a Chevy truck....very impressive. Left/ right turn signal.....brakes. It was mounted on top of the bumper. It was a full length LED panel..

What about the 99 sevilles? Mine doesn't have a stainless fuel rail :/ It's rubber hose covered in some sort of clear 'saran wrap' type stuff..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived