CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 SLS Problems... Please need help

Okay so I am having some issues with my 01 SLS and was wondering if anyone might be able to share some insight as to what they might think is going on. A brief history as to what happend before the problems started. So a couple months ago my fuel pump went out. My batteryd had died from trying to restart it so my dad went to jump my car. Insted of jumping the car under the hood with at the postive and negative terimals he went under the back seat to where the battery is and decided to jump it there. Well in trying to jump it, he accidently hookd the positive power to the red positive terimnal that is attached to the fuse relay under the back seat and not directly on the battery, So this could possibly have something to do with what has happend. So we took the car to our friend who works on cars and he replaced the fuel pump for me. After he replaced it ran totally fine, he noticed that the check engine light was on so he went in with the thing to see what was making it go off. He cleared off all the tripped sensors that was casueing the light to go off and then the car wouldnt run correctly at all anymore. One thing he saw was that the cam or crank sensor was bad. So we replaced both cam/crank sensors on the car and now it runs fine. But ever since getting it back there are still a few things wrong with it electronically. The Fuel Gauge and the Temp Gauge both do not work. Also something seems to be wrong with the cars computer or something cause where it normally tells you your MPG, and % oil life left all that information is now blank. Its blank where the numbers should be, so for example it now reads like " Miles per gallon" or " % oil life left" or " % transmission life left" the numbers in front of all the stats are blank. Except for average miles per hour, For some reason that one still works, it will still tell me my average miles per hour, but it reads BLANK for all the other information. Also on the dash my battery light, ABS light and another light are also light up. And the last thing something is slowly draining my battery when it is parked over night, enough to where it barley or sometimes wont start the next day. I belive what it is, the lights on the driver side door that light up the buttons for the window controls, door unlock, and preset seat saves are all staying light up even when the car is off. I cant figure out why it is staying light up when the car is off and everything else in the car is off. Ive tried looking threw some fuses to see if i could find something causing the problem but im either not looking for the right ones, or havnt seen anything that looks blown. Sorry for rambleing on but i REALLY NEED HELP with this and cant afford to take it anywhere right now to get workd on. Please read threw this and any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appceraited. If you have any other questions or i missed anything please let me know.

Hard to tell what may have been damaged by jumping it wrong. Start by pulling the DTC's again.

To see what is draining the battery, put a 12v test lamp between the negative cable and the battery. The light should illuminate. Start pulling fuses until it goes out. Now you know what circuit or component is drawing power.

You don't need to hook it up to a gadget or take it to autozone; your vehicle has onboard diagnostics through the driver information center. please refer to the page http://www.caddyinfo.com/readingcodes.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived