CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

To:..Made In America

Texas Jim

These are my opinions and and questions, and if I am out of line the moderators will delete this thread.

You have been on this board for 4 days.

You have made about 30 posts.

I have not seen but maybe "one" post with ANY USEFUL information.

The one about the 99 N*

What is your point of continually bashing GM in general and Cadillac in particular?

Are you just a troll...trying to cause hate and discontent?

GM isn't going away.

Cadillac isn't going away.

In the grand scheme of things..the sun will rise tomorrow and set tomorrow night...just as it did today and I will still have my Cadillac with the N* V8.

Which, by the way, is my twelfth Cadillac.

Your constant and continual, petty bellyaching and whining about GM, Cadillac and the Northstar isn't going win you many friends on this board.

But you don't seem to care. and I SURE don't care.

We were aware of the N* headgasket problem long before you showed up 4 days ago.

We will still be aware of it 4 days from now when I for one, hope you are gone.

I have seen nothing from you except spreading hate and discontent.

I don't understand your kind and am just curious about what was your point of even joining this board to start with.

We typically try to help each other on this forum...not just turn every thread we participate in, into a huge gripe fest.

It would be nice if you could channel some of your anger at GM into some constructive mode.

What did GM do to you that makes you so angry at them?

Posted Image

Maybe he's The Fred in disguise. :lol:

OK, not funny!

Believe it or not...That thought had crossed my mind. :D

There is an idiot on the OTHER Cadillac board...called the Destroyer...that has the same M.O....constantly bashes Northstar at every opportunity.

This might be the same guy...or not.

I don't know.

Posted Image

Fred was not a hater. This type of bashing we have seen before. I will not name names, but their intent is to damage and do harm. Given his inability to analyse an overheating problem in an organized fashion, immediately assuming a head gasket, which it might or might not be, he has questionable diagnostic abilities due to negative bias. Anotherwords his objectivity is clouded, which naturally negatively affects his ability to competently diagnose a problem. If he is a GM or former GM employee, this type of employee is an employee they didnt need, I have seen many of them, including my former neighbor, a GM tech, who advised me against the Northstar back in 1995. Maybe this fellow is currently unemployed due to the dealer downsizing and he is venting himself, who knows...

When I go to the dealer, they immediately assume the worst, without even opening the hood, this is bias and poor diagnostic skills. Imagine going to the doctor for chest pains and having him immediately say you need a by-pass or a heart transplant?, without diagnosis? what a laugh.

The shame here is that this negativity put JimD over the edge and he left us, so I hope Mr. Hater is happy with that. Of course he thinks he is educating us rose colored glasses wearing ignorant boobs with his negativity. I am sure I could guess his political leanings with certainty, as his glass is half empty.

I for one am happy that my 1996 Deville that currently has head gasket problems lasted 127,000 miles, its been a great ride, and I really hope to rebuild it

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

I have no doubt that you'll rebuild it. Tell us what you find and what you think the cause of the failure was (127,000 is good service). I remember that when I took my motor apart I found no evidence of deterioation/leaking in the head gaskets. Puzzling... I always focused on the head bolts. Perhaps I'm obsessed with this but I was really bummed out by my Eldo croaking...

Archived