CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

no air conditioning 2000 seville

On the hottest day so far I find that my AC is not working. I checked for any codes only to find a couple with nothing to do with what I'm looking for. When I turn the temp control down to 60 it all seems normal on the display. Does not say ac is off. If I press the ac button again it will say off and if I hit it again it goes away but the compressor doesn't engage. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I heard it come on. If it was low on refrigerant wouldn't it give me a code? I checked the fuse and relay under the hood and they're good. Any ideas where to go first?

On the hottest day so far I find that my AC is not working. I checked for any codes only to find a couple with nothing to do with what I'm looking for. When I turn the temp control down to 60 it all seems normal on the display. Does not say ac is off. If I press the ac button again it will say off and if I hit it again it goes away but the compressor doesn't engage. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time I heard it come on. If it was low on refrigerant wouldn't it give me a code? I checked the fuse and relay under the hood and they're good. Any ideas where to go first?

If there are NO AC codes, the AC COMP fuse is good and the compressor does not engage, its possible that there is something that is wrong with the AC clutch or connection at the AC compressor, make sure the wire is connected to the compressor and check for power at the connector

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

If there are NO AC codes, the AC COMP fuse is good and the compressor does not engage, its possible that there is something that is wrong with the AC clutch or connection at the AC compressor, make sure the wire is connected to the compressor and check for power at the connector

I finally had a minute to check for power down at the comp. pump and found there to be no power at the normal green wire. I used to jump those wires on the old gm stuff and here the clutch engage like when adding freon to a broken down unit.

Don't start jumpering connections - that will buy all kinds of trouble...

If there is no low refrigerant code and the fuse is good, then check the A/C compressor relay.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

If there is no low refrigerant code and the fuse is good, then check the A/C compressor relay.

Thanks I didn't jump anything (yet), been very busy but I already changed the relay first thing. I'm going to get it the shop this weekend and try to figure it out. Thanks

Thanks I didn't jump anything (yet), been very busy but I already changed the relay first thing. I'm going to get it the shop this weekend and try to figure it out. Thanks

Over the weekend I had some time to poke around and found that I have a bad ground. When I checked on my other seville and found which one is the ground at the relay and touch it with my test light the clutch kicks on but after checking all the grounds I can see everyone is good. Obviously I'm missing one somwhere.But where?

Archived