CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Owner of a 2001 DTS. Sometimes when I turn the key I get no turn over. Battery good lights come on instrument panel lights up but no turn over...Then if I take out of park then back to park - sometimes it turns over (it always starts right up if turns over) but not always??? Any ideas for trouble shooting appreciated. Thanks

New Owner of a 2001 DTS. Sometimes when I turn the key I get no turn over. Battery good lights come on instrument panel lights up but no turn over...Then if I take out of park then back to park - sometimes it turns over (it always starts right up if turns over) but not always??? Any ideas for trouble shooting appreciated. Thanks

Has the battery been load tested? Are the connections to the battery cable clean and tight?

It could be a bad or misadjusted neutral safety switch. See if it will crank when the gearshift is in neutral. Also, Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and INFO UP buttons on the dash and write down any codes that appear on the information center. The codes may provide a clue to the problem area - post them here.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Started right up 4 times in a row this AM..??? Will try in Neut. next time it doesn't. Codes - Current B0429, B0041 History - U 1016 That is it. Love the Car! Only other Prob I now of is "Service air bag" comes on until I move the front seat a little ... I am guessing a loos conection under drivers seat?? Thanks in advance for your insight.

B0041 Left Front/Driver Side Deployment Loop Open

I don't know where this circuit is in the 2001 DTC. A bad air bag circuit connector, switch, or adjustment is likely causing your air bag warning light. Someone with a 2001 FSM may chime in here.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

B0429 Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

U1016 Loss of Class 2 Communication with PCM

B0429 - the temperature control vacuum servo for the rear seat is sticking, or a vacuum line is kinked or not working.

U1016 - usually not serious unless Current or if it comes back quickly when reset; check the purple wire under the dash.

The module that threw the U1016 is important. Usually it's the Instrument panel computer (IPC) or the DIM Dash Integration Module (DIM), which ares the main computers for the car in that they control the OBD interface for the Tech II or code reader and the driver information displays.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

B0429 is not a vacuum servo. It is an electronic actuator that controls the auxiliary (rear) temperature air mix door. It is located up front near the blower motor. The code means that the door os not in the commanded position. It does not have to be off by much to set that code. It may be a non issue.

I have had my 2000 DTS for 3 years and I always have the B0429 code, I wouldn't sweat that one, Take Ranger's advice and think of it as a non issue. I am also having the service airbag light cme on, I will try and hunt down that loose connection in the seat somewhere. That seems consistent with my on/off service airbag light, when I move the seat from driver 1 to 2. Thanks for the idea.

peter

Have not had time to get under seat - But I can say The seat has been in position 1 a little over a week (in other words the seat has not moved) and the service airbag light has not come on. ?? Good luck , Brad

Archived