CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Seville Speed Limited to 90

I own a 1999 Cadillac Seville which I bought 2 years ago with the "Speed Limited To 90" displaying on the info center at startup. The message can be dismissed by the push of a button but always appears when i start the car and cuts off the fuel to the engine once I reach 90 mph.

I have checked the error codes and the following showed:

ABS C1252

ABS C1253

ABS U1255

PCM 1652

I already replaced the power control module and it didnt do anything.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

I already tried clearing the codes and they immediately come back once i turn the key to the run position.

Thanks for any help!

I own a 1999 Cadillac Seville which I bought 2 years ago with the "Speed Limited To 90" displaying on the info center at startup. The message can be dismissed by the push of a button but always appears when i start the car and cuts off the fuel to the engine once I reach 90 mph.

ABS C1252

ABS C1253

ABS U1255

PCM 1652

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

I already tried clearing the codes and they immediately come back once i turn the key to the run position.

Thanks for any help!

Quite apart from the fact you shouldn't be doing 90 mph, your car has self-limited itself to 90 mph because it has sensed a failure in the anti lock braking system. Maybe the attached will help get you started.

--Warren

C1252.doc

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

90mph? who will be the first to blow that out of the water. of course i do not drive that fast. the roads where i live are too poor to allow that. maybe texas or florida.

ABS C1252

ABS C1253

ABS U1255

PCM 1652

I had a 1999 STS for a while, and that message would pop up from time to time, mostly in winter, when temps were very much below freezing. Despite what others on this board have said, I like to know that if I paid for a car that should go over 90 mph, it should be able to do that. Further, it shouldn't display messages that somehow imply that I have done something wrong, or can't handle speeds over 90 mph, but that's just me.

That being said, I don't know how to fix your car, BUT I can tell you that when mine was acting up, at no time did it ever display any ABS codes. I did get the occasional "loss of communication" (1664 ?) code, and many others, but they were not temperature dependent in any way, so I can't contribute the speed limited message to them.

The problem COULD still be the ABS codes, and since they are the only ones being displayed, I'd say you are really very fortunate. I'd attack them first. Bad wheel sensors perhaps, rusted discs (the part that influences the speed sensors...as I remember, the 1999 Chevy pickup trucks had a recall concerning rusted discs), or just poor connections in the speed sensor circuits.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Despite what others on this board have said, I like to know that if I paid for a car that should go over 90 mph, it should be able to do that. Further, it shouldn't display messages that somehow imply that I have done something wrong, or can't handle speeds over 90 mph, but that's just me.

:yupi3ti: :yupi3ti: :yupi3ti:

Regards,

Warren

P.S. Still, you shouldn't be doing over 90 mph. Except for Texas Jim. That's different. Mississippi cops are horse-thieving Democrats. ;) And I'm being kind.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived