CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac CTS 2006

adoumia

Dear

i have the same troubles with my 2006 Cadillac CTS ,mileage 12565 miles ,that was running pretty good when suddenly the traction control lamp comes ON The theft lamp illuminates after started, fuel gage displays empty temperature gage stops working ,key stuck in ignition cylinder ......DTC U1300,U1000, and P1629 have current status ...please could anyone advice , knowing that the engine runs , RIM ,DIM ,Ignition lock cylinder case were all replaced but the problem remains ....if anyone in this forum has fix this kind of problem please let me know ......

I assume it is still under warranty? Then the obvious fix is drop it off at a dealer and drive a loaner car until your CTS is repaired.

Are you the original owner of the CTS? Did you buy it new? The history of the CTS seems important to this problem.

Who replaced the RIM, DIM, and ignition lock cylinder?

I would guess you have a short or other electrical/connection problem, but a full case history please.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thank you Bruce for your prompt response,i am not the car owner, the car belongs to my uncle.He bought the car from Canada when the car mileage was 3000 miles-the car was then exported to Cameroun (central Africa) where there isn't any Cadillac's or GM dealer-so Adios the warranty !

As the car owner reported, the car has been parked for a long time ( 2months ) because my uncle travelled abroad , then when he came back home and tried to start the engine, all the listed symptoms appeared but the engine runs pretty good.Since the shift lever can not move out of park , he towed to vehicle to a car electrician who firsly ordered the DIM and ignition lock cilynder then the RIM without fixing the problem. These repair attempts seems to be"shooting in dark" because the car still parked, and there isn't cadillac technician nearby. My uncle spent not less than $2500 in these repair attempts and worst still to come since the problem is not fixed yet. i wonder what gasp leads my uncle to buy a cadillac ! so i decided to help my uncle (to avoid pocket drain) in my way by visiting forum and blogs which drives me to CaddyInfo . If anyone could help in isolating this problem,it would help my uncle to avoid "shooting in the Dark"repair attempts bills ....... :wacko:

Dear

i have the same troubles with my 2006 Cadillac CTS ,mileage 12565 miles ,that was running pretty good when suddenly the traction control lamp comes ON The theft lamp illuminates after started, fuel gage displays empty temperature gage stops working ,key stuck in ignition cylinder ......DTC U1300,U1000, and P1629 have current status ...please could anyone advice , knowing that the engine runs , RIM ,DIM ,Ignition lock cylinder case were all replaced but the problem remains ....if anyone in this forum has fix this kind of problem please let me know ......

U1000 .... Class 2 Communication Malfunction

U1300 .... Class 2 Data Link Shorted

P1629 .... This has to do with the key and the theft deterrent system.

If he has another key...try that one. The one he is using may be faulty.

Posted Image

First I would do a careful visual check of all the wiring in the engine compartment and in the passenger compartment. While the Cadillac was sitting for 2 months perhaps some of the wiring has been nibbled or destroyed by rodents?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

First I would do a careful visual check of all the wiring in the engine compartment and in the passenger compartment. While the Cadillac was sitting for 2 months perhaps some of the wiring has been nibbled or destroyed by rodents?

Ok thanks for this suggestion, i will tell my uncle to use the second key and let you know. About the wiring , unfortunatly all the circuitry in the passenger compartment and in the engine compartment has been check focusing in class 2 Data line. No open/short to groung/short to voltage/high resistance found :wacko: ,a module seems to be faulty ! the hassle is find which one since there are not less than 15 modules onboard !!! :wacko: thanks for all your contribution.

Ok thanks for this suggestion, i will tell my uncle to use the second key and let you know. About the wiring , unfortunatly all the circuitry in the passenger compartment and in the engine compartment has been check focusing in class 2 Data line. No open/short to groung/short to voltage/high resistance found :wacko: ,a module seems to be faulty ! the hassle is find which one since there are not less than 15 modules onboard !!! :wacko: thanks for all your contribution.

hello

we have used the second key, but still the same !However, could a faulty module give these symptoms ?

thanks

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem on a 2006 CTS 2.8L DM, both needles are dead, TC (Traction Control) is ON, Theft binking, but the car start and run ok, except for some misfiring on Cyl 1 and 3. I did everything possible to find the problem. I know is a communication problem, but cannot find the source. ABS/TCS looks ok on TECH2 communication test, in fact ALL the modules respond OK. ABS/TCS have a code C0278 (Brake Pedal Position) that cannot be initialized. (Stays in learning mode for hours.....). I've check the sensor out of the vehicle and seems to be ok at workbench testing. Check also for a DTC P1629 (Theft Deterrent Fuel Enable Signal Not Received) on PCM module, along with U1300 (Class 2 Data Link LOW). After running a Diagnostic Circuit Check, all the modules have at least 1 DTC (U1000). I've perform also a Class 2 message Monitor, and ALL the modules respond OK to PING TEST.

I haven't worked on many Cadillacs before, so I guess I'm overseeing something very basic on my diagnostic......

Any help to Adoumia and Me will be very appreciated!!!

Axel

As the car owner reported, the car has been parked for a long time ( 2months ) because my uncle travelled abroad , then when he came back home and tried to start the engine, all the listed symptoms appeared but the engine runs pretty good.Since the shift lever can not move out of park , he towed to vehicle to a car electrician who firsly ordered the DIM and ignition lock cilynder then the RIM without fixing the problem

I would be thinking the brake pedal position is the problem, the car cannot be shifted without the pedal being depressed. Then thinking further the key getting stuck in the ignition, the key cannot be removed if the car is in gear, which would make me think the shifter adjustment is not correct which might also cause the shifter not to be shifted out of park with the brake on because it does not sense the car is in park.

• 3 years later...

I have a 2007 CTS with the exact same codes & symptoms. U1300 and P1629 in the ECM, U1000 in all modules, and C0278 in the ABS module. Temp and Fuel gauges inop, theft light, abs light, and traction control light are illuminated. key cannot be removed from ignition. another symptom that i didn't see mention here is the battery will drain with the car off if it sits overnight.

did any of you ever find a resolution? i would hope so since the post is quite old. I wouldn't top post it, but this is literally the only post on the internet that mentions this exact issue.

Archived