CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Muffler...from single outlet to dual outlet

Walker has a $40 rebate on for QuietFlow mufflers. I'd like to take advantage of the deal, but want a dual outlet exhaust for my '87 Coupe(single outlet). Walker email doesn't work, to ask, so I thought maybe someone here has made this change and can offer some info. Thanks

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Walker mufflers are just aluminized steel - in the presence of salt, they won't last much past 2-3 years. Even if they aren't exposed to salt, they're not going to last very much longer. When my '96 Seville needed mufflers, I installed two mufflers from this outfit: http://www.stainlessmuffler.com/

They were very helpful, the shipping was fast and being stainless steel, they will probably outlast the car. I would recommend giving the stainless mufflers a coat of high temp primer and black paint.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Even if salt is not used in your region, the moisture from the exhaust system will rot aluminized steel in 4-5 years. I paid $150 each for the stainless mufflers from stainlessmuffler.com. Walker aluminized steel mufflers (which would only last 2 years in my region) were $120 each.....

The dual outlet muffler will probably be louder than stock - if you want to keep the nice quiet sound, I'd stay with the single outlet muffler. Walker should have a direct fit muffler for your application.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Walker has a $40 rebate on for QuietFlow mufflers. I'd like to take advantage of the deal, but want a dual outlet exhaust for my '87 Coupe(single outlet). Walker email doesn't work, to ask, so I thought maybe someone here has made this change and can offer some info. Thanks

My 84 Fleetwood 4.1 was a single in/single out exhaust.

I often thought about putting a cat back system on it with dual outlets...just never got around to actually DOING it.

If you want it, you could just shop around a little at local muffler shops and see who would do a quality job at a reasonable price and JUST DO IT. :D:D:D

It shouldn't be real expensive.

GOOD tips will probably cost as much as the muffler and the exhaust work.

Of course you could do it in PARTS.

Get the muffler and duals NOW...get the nice tips LATER.

Posted Image

Hi Jim

Like you I've procrastinated long enough. Walker has a lifetime warranty and 'my' lifetime warranty is running low.

The piece I will buy is for a Camero, only difference is .25" larger inlet pipe size. Prolly both tailpipes will have to be fabricated. Not a big deal. The muffler will end costing $36. Thanks for the encouragement! lol

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

Hi Jim

Like you I've procrastinated long enough. Walker has a lifetime warranty and 'my' lifetime warranty is running low.

The piece I will buy is for a Camero, only difference is .25" larger inlet pipe size. Prolly both tailpipes will have to be fabricated. Not a big deal. The muffler will end costing $36. Thanks for the encouragement! lol

It that is what you want...do it. :D

It will look good with discreet duals running out the back.

I did it to my 1980 Sedan.

Never did do it to the 1984 Fleetwood.

Maybe I didn't have it long enough...I only had it for 18 years. :D:D:D

Posted Image

Archived