CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ETC HG replace

vaughn

Sorry I am new to these forums and think I put this in the wrong place- dunno but here it is again.

hey gang need some more help;

1st off thanks for your help in diagnosing the problem did what u said confirmed HG problem. I am having it fixed (for a mere $2400 - $2800, ouch)call me wacked but i am in love. 74k on car it is in great shape. I know it is 10years old but that is only 50 in dog years I am 57 and have plenty of steam in me, wait a minute i have to rest from all this typing. (maybe it is 70 in dog years, oh well)

Anyway, I would like to ask you all while this is tore down and being fixed what all should I examine and or replace while the engine is out?

Any weak points I should be aware of? i.e. starter, water pump etc. my mech is familar and will do a timesert and will warrany the job.

thanks again - you guys rock!!!

Vaughn

If you have not done the transmission shift solenoids and the speed sensor you might consider those while the powertrain is out of the Cadillac. Good to leave well enough alone I guess, but it would be really upsetting to have a $2K transmission bill after your engine work.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Sorry I am new to these forums and think I put this in the wrong place- dunno but here it is again.

1st off thanks for your help in diagnosing the problem did what u said confirmed HG problem. I am having it fixed (for a mere $2400 - $2800, ouch)call me wacked but i am in love. 74k on car it is in great shape. I know it is 10years old but that is only 50 in dog years I am 57 and have plenty of steam in me, wait a minute i have to rest from all this typing. (maybe it is 70 in dog years, oh well)

Anyway, I would like to ask you all while this is tore down and being fixed what all should I examine and or replace while the engine is out?

Any weak points I should be aware of? i.e. starter, water pump etc. my mech is familar and will do a timesert and will warrany the job.

Vaughn

Vaughn,

If your blower botor is the original design (1/2" steel plate on the outside of the blower motor), I would suggest replacing the blower motor - with the engine out, it is a 5 minute job.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Vaughn

Vaughn,

If your blower botor is the original design (1/2" steel plate on the outside of the blower motor), I would suggest replacing the blower motor - with the engine out, it is a 5 minute job.

thanks i will check it out

Another thing to check is the rubber cover that the blower mounts to - if it is brittle or cracked, replace it while the engine is out.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'm thinking the same as KHE said, but will go a step further. How about checking the firewall for ANYTHING plastic, brittle, cracked, or overheated, sounds like those items would be at the top oof my priority list. I would also like to add that I'd flush the heater core, and if the engine being out is a benefit to changing it, I'd do that too.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived