CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 DTS TRANSMISSON PROB.

....But the VSS is only used for your speedometer, I believe.

Not so for the models in question, Mike. Cruise control and the radio and the PCM also receive the VSS signal.

If/when the PCM detects a difference between what the ISS is reporting and what the VSS is reporting (considering gear selected, engine RPM and other instantaneous variables), the PCM will put the transmission in high pressure mode for protection.

High pressure mode equals firm shifts.

Radio? Why would the radio need any input from the VSS Jim?

For AVC (Automatic Volume Control). It's another example of electronic magic to tweak the radio volume as the vehicle speed (and road noise) changes.

And I should not use the term "radio" anymore. Cadillac calls it the "Entertainment System"!!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

For AVC (Automatic Volume Control). It's another example of electronic magic to tweak the radio volume as the vehicle speed (and road noise) changes.

And I should not use the term "radio" anymore. Cadillac calls it the "Entertainment System"!!

I was sitting at a traffic light the other day with the drivers window down.

A guy on a REALLY LOUD motorcycle pulled up next to me and the volume automagically turned itself up...

I laughed and thought it was pretty cool... my Cadillac trying to counteract the bad noise... :) :)

Posted Image

A guy on a REALLY LOUD motorcycle pulled up next to me and the volume automagically turned itself up...

That would be the result of your ONSTAR microphone (in the mirror) detecting a change in the ambient noise level and signaling your Entertainment System to adjust the audio level accordingly. Cadillac does not want you to miss one word of what WBAP is transmitting!! :D

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

That would be the result of your ONSTAR microphone (in the mirror) detecting a change in the ambient noise level and signaling your Entertainment System to adjust the audio level accordingly. Cadillac does not want you to miss one word of what WBAP is transmitting!! :D

Since Paul Harvey passed away... I don't listen to WBAP as much anymore. :(

Now it's mostly XM...50's and 60's with a little soft jazz mixed in.. :)

Posted Image

I grew up listening to "Fibber McGee and Molly", Edgar Bergen, and "The Shadow Knows".

When music finally got my attention it was post WWII Big-Band followed by the progression of touring bands. The first live performance I attended as a teenager was Louis Armstrong. How's that for a date stamp?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I grew up listening to "Fibber McGee and Molly", Edgar Bergen, and "The Shadow Knows".

When music finally got my attention it was post WWII Big-Band followed by the progression of touring bands. The first live performance I attended as a teenager was Louis Armstrong. How's that for a date stamp?

Reckon you may be a LITTLE OLDER than I am... I am only 66. :)

There is an XM channel that plays all of that...and more.

The Great Gildersleeve...Green Hornet...Mike Hammer... Boston Blackie... The Whistler... Roy Rogers...

I would have to go look to see which channel, but it is one of my presets.

Darling wife and I listen to it sometimes when we are on road trips.

I like listening to it and letting my imagination picture what is going on from the description and sound effects. :)

Sometimes brings back good memories. :) :)

Posted Image

Ahh, AVC. Never crossed my mind. Thanks.

Just to let you know that yesterday i came home from a 1,000klms drive in and out of Ottawa,and the car run was fantastic, really runs great and smooooooooooth...like a posted earlier its my first Cadillac. Probably not my last.

By the way, the reason for changing the radio in the first place was to be able to listend to music throu and Usb port, and while looking at my options, decided to buy a cheap chinese radio with everything 7 inch..gps..but now, get this, its shuts off for no reason while driving...or on park....got the guy from the carshop to look at it twice now..???... has cost me more time than the radio itself!!! Boooooo! :wipetears

Archived