CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Brakes

MAC

I'm looking to try ACDelco brakes for the first time instead of aftermarket. I'm currently using Carbon Metalic brakes, which I thought would last longer, but I'm disappointed to say that they have not. I figure I would go with ACDelco this time but I'm open to suggestions. Has anyone tried ACDelco DuraStop brakes? I'm having a hard time locating an online vendor that sells ACDelco brakes. Anyone have a suggestion?

I'm looking to try ACDelco brakes for the first time instead of aftermarket. I'm currently using Carbon Metalic brakes, which I thought would last longer, but I'm disappointed to say that they have not. I figure I would go with ACDelco this time but I'm open to suggestions. Has anyone tried ACDelco DuraStop brakes? I'm having a hard time locating an online vendor that sells ACDelco brakes. Anyone have a suggestion?

rockauto.com sells tons of ACDelco pads for your car

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

rockauto.com sells tons of ACDelco pads for your car

Thanks. I neglected to scroll down Rock's brake pads list so I didn't realize they sold ACDelco. :rolleyes:

FYI, I put Raybestos professional pads with new rotors on all four corners of my 03 Seville ad they squeak terrible. They were fine for three months but continue to get worse. Next time I'll be using the factory pads.

I recently used Napa lifetime Ceramic pads and they haul the car down to a stop hard with no wheel dust/dirt. The only negative is when they are cold, they are not as effective, so its important to warm them up. My neighbors still can't get over me doing S turns like an Indy car when I pull out of my driveway LOL... j/k

I am a big supporter of AC DELCO parts, but these pads are impressive

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

FYI, I put Raybestos professional pads with new rotors on all four corners of my 03 Seville ad they squeak terrible. They were fine for three months but continue to get worse. Next time I'll be using the factory pads.

I've tried Raybestos and while they were not bad, I didn't like all the dust they produced. The other day I finally bought brake dust shields. Now I'm going to keep my rims clean and not have to buy brake dust remover at over $4 a bottle.

I recently used Napa lifetime Ceramic pads and they haul the car down to a stop hard with no wheel dust/dirt. The only negative is when they are cold, they are not as effective, so its important to warm them up. My neighbors still can't get over me doing S turns like an Indy car when I pull out of my driveway LOL... j/k

I am a big supporter of AC DELCO parts, but these pads are impressive

I just might try the Napa ceramic pads. I'm also thinking of buying Frozen Rotors since brakes last longer and the rotors will last much longer than non-frozen.

Oh oh. I have a set of Raybestos OEM service pads from Rockauto on my bench waiting for the day they need to be replaced. Boy am I gonna be PO'd if they squeal.

Archived