CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

What's Best For Cleaning Exhaust Tips and Chrome Wheels

Texas Jim

x2 on the Never-Dull! Works great on all the chrome trim.

I also use a claybar on my rims, as it does a really good job pulling the contaminants off the wheel without using any harsh acids. Once the rim is clean and dry, apply a coat or two of your favorite sealant or wax. It'll make future cleaning MUCH easier as less particulate matter will stick to the wheel.

Great info. Thanks!

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

x2 on the Never-Dull! Works great on all the chrome trim.

I also use a claybar on my rims, as it does a really good job pulling the contaminants off the wheel without using any harsh acids. Once the rim is clean and dry, apply a coat or two of your favorite sealant or wax. It'll make future cleaning MUCH easier as less particulate matter will stick to the wheel.

Never even THOUGHT about using a clay bar. :D But it makes sense.

Looks like a trip to PepBoys or AutoZone or Wal Mart this weekend.

Maybe all of the above. :D:D:D

Posted Image

I use Neverdull wrapped around a polishing pad on my dremel. Use a low speed and some care and it takes alot of the labor out of the process. It takes some practice to get the neverdull to stay on the polishing pad, of course, you can always just use a polishing compound on the polishing pad if you would rather.

Jonah

Archived