CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2003 Seville STS MagneRide Suspension System

MWit81

Hi!

Has anyone problem with MagneRide System on Cadillac Seville STS?

Few months ago I had a problem with navi/radio system after I left may car without battery for a long time. Fortunately I've met Jan Olsson on swedish forum, who gave me a hand and the problem disappeared. THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAN!!!

Now I have another problem and don't know if it could be sequence of lefting my car without battery...

I have no struts. Leveling system is OK so now Im riding on springs and air pillows only. I don't know if it's Delphi Suspension Computer or Delphi magnetic struts. But I hope they are OK. They cost fortune and I think there is no possibility they dead all at once.

HELP me, please!

I know it but I can't find any chassis codes.

Sometimes but very rare I see "Service Suspension System" light on board and that's all.

I will check all one more time this evening and maybe I'll found some more...

Thanks!

I know it but I can't find any chassis codes.

Sometimes but very rare I see "Service Suspension System" light on board and that's all.

I will check all one more time this evening and maybe I'll found some more...

Thanks!

If you get that message you have codes. Post all codes history and current

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

The only problem I've had with the manga-ride is that I have to replace both shocks because the seals went bad and started leaking the irony fluid. I've replaced one at $800, I have to wait a few years to afford the other one.

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

I have no leaking and no codes too. I will try to take him for a longer ride tomorrow and maybe then we will know some more.

Yesterday I found another thing. I have a problem with a battery which is new. Something is running it down after few hours from closing a car.

Thanks!

HI!

I've managed myself with battery running down. It was a result of wrong navi software installation...

Here You have my current and history codes:

C:

B3832

B3833

H:

C1288

U1000

B1327

U1713

B1004

B1652

U1129

B2463

B2474

B1324

B1420

B1328

U1040

I remember C0579 code from before few weeks.

My brother was driving my car few days ago and told me that he have seen "Service Stability System" light while driving.

Thanks!

C1288 - Steering Sensor Circuit Malfunction

This is what is giving the suspension message. The steering sensor is a donut shaped device that circles the steering shaft located close to where the steering shaft leaves the inside of the car.

Possibly a dirty or loose connector?

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hmmmm... I will check it this evening.

The other codes was a symptom of low battery voltage. These two current codes were a Driver Door Module codes. Problem disappeared after putting windows down and closing them.

After clearing all codes I have had no codes till this morning. I had a Service Suspension System message for about four seconds. Then the message went out itself and when I was checking

codes I have found RSS CO579 in history.

Is there something wrong with a front left suspension? I was remaining front mount strunts few mounts ago... Maybe this is it?

Thank You for help!

....I have found RSS CO579 in history.

Is there something wrong with a front left suspension? I was remaining front mount strunts few mounts ago... Maybe this is it?

The ride control module thinks there is a problem with the LF strut. I would remove the wheel and carefully inspect the wire harness that connects from the bottom (inboard) part of the strut to the chassis wire harness. Follow the strut wire harness to a connector located at the engine cradle.

Open that connection and measure the resistance of the strut coil; you should see a resistance of 12 Ohms, plus or minus 3 Ohms. Any value between 9 Ohms and 15 Ohms is OK.

I'm not clear on what you mean by "I was remaining front mounts few months ago".

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I've checked all and everything seems to be in great condition. But still no codes and no shocks...

I'm thinking about taking my caddy to service station. It will cost much without surness they found something.

• 2 years later...

seems a bit soft. Did you replace the springs?

I didn't replace the springs but it looks like it stays on springs only.

I have a Steering Wheel Position Sensor code... And this is my only code.

Archived