CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Gauge lighting question

Dave in Texas

I've installed an OP & WT gauge, both of which have illumination lamps. I'd like to get them powered up in sync with the dash lights so they will dim with those lamps. I think the BCM controls those lamps, so I'm hesitant fooling with the BCM wiring. Advice/ideas are appreciated.

ALSO: in FSM/BSM 'speak' what does ASM mean? That acronym is all over the manuals, but isn't defined in them....that I could find anyway.

GM Reman 4.1 engine Dec '08

ALSO: in FSM/BSM 'speak' what does ASM mean? That acronym is all over the manuals, but isn't defined in them....that I could find anyway.

Can you put it in context?

Say what? The acronym is used in the manuals and must mean something? I was thinking: As Seen in Manual, but that makes no sense since that's where the acronym is.....if it is an acronym.

What context is "ASM" used in?

Is it talking about something to do with the car computers or something else?

I can only think of Advanced Systems Management or Advanced Software Management.

Posted Image

No one has Cadillac FSMs? The letters have nothing to do with advertising a company or a product. I guess I'll call the publisher....

No suggestions on the main question?

The question that the guys are asking about putting it in context means use the acronym in a sentence from the manual...something like "Refer to the ASM for more information".

Yeah... what he said... :D

Posted Image

It isn't in any sentences. It's part of the photo-depictions. I can't believe no one has not noticed this before? Maybe it's only in the '87 DeVille FSM & BSM......

Gauges illuminated now. I'm gonna go with ASM meaning assembly. It's just odd that is in this manual and I've not seen it in any other manual I've ever looked at.

Archived