CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi! I'm new to this forum...

bm_zimmer

Aswell as new to cadillacs. I recently bought a 95 Eldorado and I'm having a few issues.

Codes before I cleared:

p052 history

p073 history

p109 history

I052 history

A050 history

no sir codes

t077 history

t071 current

s036 history

s037 history

s038 current

After I cleared the codes this is what I have left:

p073 history

p095 history

t071 current

s038 current

From what I have read, p073 is what is giving me my problem. The car information center is reading an erratic temp. The temp starts off at 108* and it will jump to 212* then back down to 125*. Temp is all over the place. I soon start getting "overheat idle shut off engine idle " running on the display. Car starts idling erraticly then it stalls. Any advise on what to look for would be great. The coolant sensor has been replaced but found out it is a gp sorenson sensor(garbage).

thanks.

brian

:welcomesmiley:

The number of codes (too many) clearly indicates you have bad connections/gronds problem. Check your battery cables, pay particular attention to the positive one. There were many cases when corrosion would hide under red plastic insulation on the positive end of the battery cable. Check whatever ground you can find as well.

Aswell as new to cadillacs. I recently bought a 95 Eldorado and I'm having a few issues.

Codes before I cleared:

p052 history

p073 history

p109 history

I052 history

A050 history

no sir codes

t077 history

t071 current

s036 history

s037 history

s038 current

After I cleared the codes this is what I have left:

p073 history

p095 history

t071 current

s038 current

From what I have read, p073 is what is giving me my problem. The car information center is reading an erratic temp. The temp starts off at 108* and it will jump to 212* then back down to 125*. Temp is all over the place. I soon start getting "overheat idle shut off engine idle " running on the display. Car starts idling erraticly then it stalls. Any advise on what to look for would be great. The coolant sensor has been replaced but found out it is a gp sorenson sensor(garbage).

thanks.

brian

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

P073 (E073) Intermittent Coolant Sensor Signal

P095 (E095) Engine Stall Detected

T071 Electronic Brake and TCS (EBTCM/EBCM) Internal Fault

S038 Electronic Level Control Exhaust Valve Short to Ground/Open

The P073 and P095 are probably caused by the wrong kind of temperature sensor, one that is simply a switch or a dash gauge driver instead of a transducer for your PCM. I would get an OEM temperature sensor first. The intermittent signal is probably caused by a loose connector right on the switch, but you should check the wiring from the switch into the harness, and make sure that the connectors are tight that you can find.

The other codes, T071 and S038, may or may not be caused by battery cable problems, but I agree with adillac that with all those codes either you have a battery cable problem or you've recently had the car power-washed from underneath.

When you check the battery cable, note that there are three terminals sandwiched together inside the red plastic of the positive battery terminal. Pry them out and clean between them.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks for all the help! I'm going to the stealer tomarrow to pick up a sensor that is oem. I'm not sure if anything was cleaned as far as batery terminals. That will be the first thing I do tomarrow before heading off to the stealership. Well I shall post tomarrow what I may find.

thanks again,

brian

Archived