CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

STS-V spy photos

Bill K

How about that H3.....The fenders look cut-way and the overall vehicle looks kinda, beat-up....I dont know what all the hush is regarding it. I am pretty sure I saw a redneck neighbor of mine driving one just the other day....mmmmm!!!

Maybe he is a tester for GM...... :lol:

There will always be some tradeoff in terms of drag and lift but with more power the drag can be offset and the lift can be managed with fascia changes...see the different fascia on the CTS-V with the more open grills.

So I guess the grilles that come from the factory are the equivalent of you guys "taping up" the grille as much as possible to lower drag, but still get sufficient air flow through the radiator to cool the engine (a la NASCAR)?!

Uh oh...here's a whole 'nother can of worms. Now we'll see K&N grilles, designed to get more air through the radiator. More air must equal more power, right? LOL

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

:D

No grill huh? Wonder how radiator and ac evap will look after the car inhales a bird or two "at speed".

I can just see the posts: How do I get a bird out of my full-frontal air inductor?

Design stuff is pretty and lotsa air is great. I can only think of "Hood Pins" anyone? I was drivng a car when the hood flew up and over the roof to where it got sorta-snagged on my buddy's car behind me.

Grills do sort of function as the first "deflector array" and an engineered crush zone for larger game...

But then again, I have preferred a renewable 6x6 wood beam in the place of pretty chrome bumper (many years past) - so maybe grills are over-rated

:lol:

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Archived