CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 Seville SLS 4.6 lt. BCM or PZM

oakgrove37

I have a 1995 Seville SLS and it seems to be possessed. With the engine off and the key removed the cooling fans come on, the inst. light come on, the A/C - Heater blower comes on. I have been told it is my BCM (Body Control Moduel) and later the dealer changed his mind and told me it is now called the PZM (Platform Zone Moduel). All that is great except I can not locate this devise under either name. Can anyone tell me where it is located. (I have identified all the componets located behind the rear seat.) K&J

I have a 1995 Seville SLS and it seems to be possessed. With the engine off and the key removed the cooling fans come on, the inst. light come on, the A/C - Heater blower comes on. I have been told it is my BCM (Body Control Moduel) and later the dealer changed his mind and told me it is now called the PZM (Platform Zone Moduel). All that is great except I can not locate this devise under either name. Can anyone tell me where it is located. (I have identified all the componets located behind the rear seat.) K&J

I believe the PZM is mounted in the trunk behind the rear seat back.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I can check my 1995 FSM tonight after work if you'd like.

Please do, i can not find the location on any site.

I've been looking for a while now and can't find where the BCM is located. BCM is listed in the abbreviations list but not in the index. I've looked through the whole electrical section and haven't found it, either. Is it called something else for the 1995 model year? If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

5% discount code at RockAuto.com - click here for your discount!

I looked in the 1997 FSM. The Body Control Module is the PZM, a term grandfathered from earlier terminology. According to page 8A-51-5, it's behind the rear seat on the left, and is pictured on page 8A-201-41 figure 76, which is the whole page.

The figure on page 8A-201-41, figure 76, is a view from inside the car with the rear seat back removed. It shows the PZM on the left just above the trunk compartment relay centers and below the runk compartent fuse block. I would try to access it from the trunk first.

The RIM, FRA, and CVRSS modules are also there. Be sure you have the right one.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I've been looking for a while now and can't find where the BCM is located. BCM is listed in the abbreviations list but not in the index. I've looked through the whole electrical section and haven't found it, either. Is it called something else for the 1995 model year? If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.

It is known as the PZM (Platform Zone Module) on the 1995 model Seville, I dont know why they would change the name, but that is what a cadillac mechanic told me.

It is known as the PZM (Platform Zone Module) on the 1995 model Seville, I dont know why they would change the name, but that is what a cadillac mechanic told me.

I looked in the 1997 FSM. The Body Control Module is the PZM, a term grandfathered from earlier terminology. According to page 8A-51-5, it's behind the rear seat on the left, and is pictured on page 8A-201-41 figure 76, which is the whole page.

The figure on page 8A-201-41, figure 76, is a view from inside the car with the rear seat back removed. It shows the PZM on the left just above the trunk compartment relay centers and below the runk compartent fuse block. I would try to access it from the trunk first.

In the FSM for the 1995 page 8A-201-66 shows the RH Electronic Bay in the trunk. RAP/Illuminted Entry Module, Passkey decoder module, and Road Sensing Suspension (RSS) module are back there.

Page 8A-201-65 figure 118 shows the LH Electronics Bay, with the keyles entry module, theft deterrent module, heated windshield control module, door lock relay, and some relay centers.

RH side of trunk has the antenna motor and remote radio receiver. LH side of trunk ha a trunk compartment fuse block, and fuel door release solenoid. Underneath the shelf in the front of the trunk area shows an audio amplifier.

I'm not seeing a BCM or PZM anywhere. Maybe I'm missing something, but I looked through that whole chapter.

What's underneath the air filter box? I thought it was the PCM, but the FSM shows the PCM as being in the RH instrument panel area by the glove box.

WARNING: I'm a total car newbie, don't be surprised if I ask a stupid question! Just trying to learn.

Cheers!

In the FSM for the 1995 page 8A-201-66 shows the RH Electronic Bay in the trunk. RAP/Illuminted Entry Module, Passkey decoder module, and Road Sensing Suspension (RSS) module are back there.

Page 8A-201-65 figure 118 shows the LH Electronics Bay, with the keyles entry module, theft deterrent module, heated windshield control module, door lock relay, and some relay centers.

RH side of trunk has the antenna motor and remote radio receiver. LH side of trunk ha a trunk compartment fuse block, and fuel door release solenoid. Underneath the shelf in the front of the trunk area shows an audio amplifier.

I'm not seeing a BCM or PZM anywhere. Maybe I'm missing something, but I looked through that whole chapter.

What's underneath the air filter box? I thought it was the PCM, but the FSM shows the PCM as being in the RH instrument panel area by the glove box.

Everything you have is correct and yes the PCM is on the RH inst. panel no under the air filter box as some information showes

I'm confused about this. Anyone know for sure where the BCM/PZM is on a 1995? I'm still not able to find it in the 1995 FSM, and it's not listed in the index. I've gone page by page through the whole electronic component chapter and still can't find it. Trying to learn something new about my car and help K&J out as well.

Cheers!

Archived