CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Power Window Problems

ed blaq

Both rear windows on my 95 SLS refuse to move. Switch on drivers door as well as the switches on the respective rear doors don't work either.

I don't see any mention of particular fuses for the windows just reference to a circut breaker. Any ideas? :unsure:

A "dead spot" will develop on the power window motors. Sometimes slamming the door while applying power to the window motors will jar it enough to move past the dead spot. This seems fairly common with GM power window motors. There was a problem with mine that turned out to be the driver door window switch, but it sounds like your problem might be the motor. I believe replacement of the motor will be the ultimate solution.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Todays cars, with AC etc. The windows really dont get used that much. I personally rarely lower the rear windows.

Hence the problem. Its not really a dead spot. Just lack of use. Over time...1 or 2 windows may stick and not work. Slamming the door as described will fix about 80-90% of them.

On my now sold '93....the passenger side front would stick up maybe once or twice a year. Slam it and its fixed for another year.

I guess I forgot to metion that to the guy that bought it....if I see him I will mention it.

Archived