CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

August Luxury Vehicle Sales

Bruce Nunnally

I am actually not a fan of this type of analysis, because I don't think it is 'apples to apples'. Lexus includes models that range from to top of GM's Pontiac or Chevrolet range through the Buick and Cadillac range and above. Likewise BMW includes roadsters and sedans that span the Corvette and Cadillac and Pontiac/Saturn roadster markets. If GM branded all luxury models under one roof, Buick + Corvette + Cadillac sales would top the chart.

Here are some Luxury Vehicle sales totals for August 2008:

August Sales

Lexus Division: 29,281

BMW Division: 25,462

Mercedes Division: 18,520

Buick Division: 17,833

Cadillac Division: 15,405

Acura Division: 15,089

Infiniti Division: 11,076

Lincoln Division: 9,540

Audi: 6,406

Corvette: 4,242

Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky: 1814

Porsche: 1,404

Bentley: 178

In general CTS sales are booming and up 2/3, DTS sales are off 1/3, and STS or Escalade sales are 1/2 what they were last year. GM still sold more Cadillac Trucks (Escalade + SRX) last month than Corvettes, to keep some perspective.

The XLR continues to plug along with 118 sales in August. The Lexus SC sold 187 by comparison, so not a great month for expensive luxury convertibles with the summer ending.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It's gratifying to see the CTS doing so well. My interest will be peaked when the CTS Coupe becomes available.

Judging strictly by the numbers, however, it looks like Bentley will be next up for a government bailout. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

The CTS is definitely a franchise player. I am looking forward to the CTS Coupe also. If the new smaller-than-a-CTS car sells well we may see a 2-door version of it and a convertible, so we may have 4 two-door Cadillacs in the line-up. CTS Coupe, New Coupe, XLR, XLR-V. Although the XLR may retire after this model run; we'll see.

Bruce

I wonder if they will do a CTS-V Coupe?

That is one "I" might look at.

550 Hp + two doors = hard to resist. :D:D

You could do all of Texas in under three hours :D :D :D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I hope the V's sell very well. Odd they STILL have not set the price. Units on order, cars being built, still no price.

Bruce

I hope the V's sell very well. Odd they STILL have not set the price. Units on order, cars being built, still no price.

Have you heard if there are any plans for a "V" coupe?

That would be a neat car. It seems to me that a "V" coupe would sell well.

Lots of people do not really want four doors on a performance car and the coupe should be lighter.

Posted Image

Archived