CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Media Bias Detailed and Exposed

I was speaking to a friend the other day, and she thought I was nuts for thinking that the 'main stream' press was bias toward the left, liberal democrat and they are campaigning for obama. I could not believe that she didn't see the bias in media. There are those who are locked into the press that actually think that they are getting objective news, and they are not. To me, this situation is very serious. Given that some of the Democrats are talking about the "Fairness' Doctrin, this problem stands to get worse. When I was a kid, we were told that Russian citizens were NOT told accurate news, isn't that what is happening now?

When the Enquire (a so called rag) can successfully expose John Edwards sleeze ball ways, you know that the so called 'main stream' media is sweeping stuff under the carpet.

This is the Media Research Center, they expose BIAS in the media, tell your friends to look it over

http://www.mediaresearch.org/welcome.asp

Here is their Cyberalerts

http://www.mrc.org/archive/cyber/welcome.asp

Here is a Press Release:

MRC President L. Brent Bozell:

“To say that Sen. Obama is driving the narrative is disingenuous. He is but a passenger aboard the Obama Paparazzi Express.

“The liberal media are so infatuated that it has caused them to become totally disconnected from reality. They are obsessed with Sen. Obama. Day after day and night after night they deliver endless streams of nauseatingly positive stories. They gallivant around the globe in lusty pursuit to continue uninterrupted their on-air fawning. And then they pause to wonder why his opponent can’t make news.”

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Ideologues surrounded by sycophants were nominated for President in 1964 and 1972 and were trounced resoundingly. I was convinced for many years that it would never happen again. But we have been more and more divided since the 2000 election, with roots going back to Nixon's impeachment and it's high point in political push-and-shove. I thought that Hillary and McCain would have two centrists running, and we would be back to normal, but Hillary didn't make it. However, I think that Obama is trying to move toward the center.

Yes, it's sad what we are seeing in the press. I think part of the problem is the shift of the center-of-gravity of the news media from the print newspapers and news magazines to TV and Internet news, and the smaller groups of people operating on shorter deadlines. The gritty career news professionals of old-line Pulitzer-Prize-winning newspapers aren't in charge anymore. News print media owners and managers concerned about decreasing circulation more than their reputation for coverage are the order of the day now. Among the ratings-scrabbling news networks and Internet services, only Fox makes a really visible effort to support traditional journalism ideals of impartial reporting and story selection; Hillary found that only Fox treated her fairly during the primaries, for example. But, Obama and others won't appear on Fox because they have Bill O'Reilly as a commentator (not a reporter) -- but they also have Susan Estrich, who headed Dukaki's Presidential campaign.

But, this isn't new:

I am personally acquainted with hundreds of journalists, and the opinion of the majority of them would not be worth tuppence in private, but when they speak in print it is the newspaper that is talking (the pygmy scribe is not visible) and then their utterances shake the community like the thunders of prophecy.

(Mark Twain, in a speech, February 1873)

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

However, I think that Obama is trying to move toward the center.

That's a long march for a person who's been described as the most liberal member of the Senate. And I include the People's Republic of Vermont in there.

I'm always suspicious of folk who pretend to be something they are demonstrably not.

Worse, after taking office, he can be expected to return to his roots. His followers expect that. As do I.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived