CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Someone keyjobbed my car last night.

Marika

I came home last night, parked the car and walked around it. Clean.

Woke up this morning, walked around it and the driver side rear door was keyed most of the way of the door, down to the primer.

I used touch up paint and clear coat to cover it up. I'm the only one who can really notice it. I have to finish off the job tomorrow and buff it out and then wax again. Should pretty much disappear once I'm done.

People are such sick, jealous assholes.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I felt sick when I saw your post - especially since I know how you pamper your car's finish. I'm glad you were able to get it "healed" pretty well, although I know it'll never be perfect. That's the problem with cars, they do knock around out there in the real world every day.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I felt sick when I saw your post - especially since I know how you pamper your car's finish. I'm glad you were able to get it "healed" pretty well, although I know it'll never be perfect. That's the problem with cars, they do knock around out there in the real world every day.

When it comes to such things like "key jobs", it's not a matter of IF it will happen, it's usually a matter of WHEN.

I doubt it was one of my neighbors, with the exception of one or two, they all seem to just be decent people who mind their own business, most likely, it was kids hanging out in the neighborhood who did it.

I wish the police would activate a curfew in my town. It really NEEDS it.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Mine was keyed up at a party within the first week.. I haven't done anything to fix it and I think it actually deters any other idiots from doing it. It's like diamonds..if you have one, they figure you don't really need another :)

-Eric

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

I think of Pulp Fiction every time I hear of a keyjob or something like that. Here is the quote(edited for language):

"Lance: They should be fu*king killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Vincent Vega: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a$$hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Lance: What a f*cker!

Vincent Vega: What's more chickensh*t than f*cking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*ck with another man's vehicle." :D

For K2K - let me suggest that you call the police who will come and give them a big ticket rather than to key the car! Two wrongs have never made a right.

A friend of mine has a bad leg (birth defect) but refuses to get a handicapped sticker (pride I guess). He pulled into a handicapped spot one day and as he was getting out of his car he was given a ration of crap from some guy until he reached in and pulled out his crutch. :o

Keying his car would have added insult to injury.

I have the nasty habit of keying cars that park in the handicap zone that aren't really handicap. But consider me JusticeMan for Hanidcaps more than AssholeMan with Keys

I am sure the asshole who keyjobbed Marika's or someone ele's car could find many "justifications" for his/her deeds. JUST DO NOT BE AN ASSHOLE! No EXCEPTIONS! :angry:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I think of Pulp Fiction every time I hear of a keyjob or something like that. Here is the quote(edited for language):

"Lance: They should be fu*king killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

Vincent Vega: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that a$$hole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.

Lance: What a f*cker!

Vincent Vega: What's more chickensh*t than f*cking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*ck with another man's vehicle." :D

It funny because I was just talking with a neighbor who said I should have caught them redhanded.

I know myself, and had I seen who did it, my baseball bat would have been hitting a home run with their kneecaps so it was actually better that I didn't catch them in the act.

The kids in the neighborhood today, told me who did it and it's funny because I remember looking out my bathroom window last night and seeing two kids standing next to my car, the same two kids who the neighborhood kids told me did it. So essentially, I know who did it. Ironically, our property manager had recently told those same two kids that they were no longer allowed on the property. <_>

Oh well... :(

I'm taking it over to the bodyshop tomorrow morning and they are going to try to buff it since I've already applied paint and a clear coat. If that doesn't work, I've already contacted my insurance company and filed a report with the police. I have a $100 deductable so it won't hurt too much if the door has to be fully repainted.

Here out west in a small town we rarely hear of anything like that. I honestly did not know what you were talking about for a bit.

Not too many years ago, if a man's horse was stolen or otherwise hurt - that was a hanging offense. I'm not too sure it still isn't, in a few places.

You can give people a hard time and all - but there are some things that are not too smart to screw around with: family, food and my (insert name of vehicle).

I guess you can envision how the perps' are going to live their life and that should be punishment enough...

<_<

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

Here out west in a small town we rarely hear of anything like that.  I honestly did not know what you were talking about for a bit.

That's because out west, where you live, it's still horse country and as far as I can tell, it's physically impossible to keyjob a horse, without getting kicked across the road, anyway....LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

:P:lol::lol:;)

(just kidding)

Just finished up at the bodyshop. First, they wet the door down with soapy water. Then, using an OLD 2000 grit piece of wet sandpaper, they gently went over the area to smooth it out using a rubber sanding block. Finished it up with the electric wheel and buffing creme.

With the exception of the people who know where the scratch is, everyone else who looked at it could not find it except under very close inspection.

Call me neurotic but I know the scratch is there, but I'm happy with the work that was done since it really is not at all noticable anymore and with time, will fade and more accurately match the paint on the door.

Crown Auto Body Shop

122 Pierre Avenue

Garfield, New Jersey 07026

973-478-1995

Mark or Eddie

Came through for me again!!

:wub:

I can feel exactly how you feel. It happened yesterday to me as well. Sitting outside on a patio enjoying a beverage with some colleagues after work, I noticed two bikers walking by my car. I suspect they got ticked off by some Florida police association stickers in the windshield (put there by former owner) and lashed out by scratching the car. I didn't actually witness the deed being done because I couldn't see the other guy behind the first one. :angry:

Hope I can touch it up somehow......

post-3-1084646285.jpg

I can feel exactly how you feel. It happened yesterday to me as well. Sitting outside on a patio enjoying a beverage with some colleagues after work, I noticed two bikers walking by my car. I suspect they got ticked off by some Florida police association stickers in the windshield (put there by former owner) and lashed out by scratching the car. I didn't actually witness the deed being done because I couldn't see the other guy behind the first one.  :angry:

Hope I can touch it up somehow......

OH MY........................That looks terrible.

It looks exactly like mine except that mine was done on the Dark Plum finish and scratched right down to the primer coat.

http://www.paintscratch.com/ Go to this website, and carefully find the product that will match your car's paint. Don't match it by what you see on your computer's screen, make absolutely certain you match it to your paint code. This site will give you all the information you need to complete the job yourself.

It's the best out there, it's what I used on my car.

They will ship you two separate bottles, one with the paint and one with the clear coat.

Clean the area very well, removing all the wax with mineral spirits and washing/drying carefully.

Apply the paint in small amounts, building up the layers of paint to fill the scratch completely. After the paint dries, apply a good layer of clear coat and let that dry. I found that using artists brushes with a very fine, narrow tip works a bit better on thin scratches than using the brush that they supply with the paint and clear coat.

After that dries completely, wet the area with soapy water and using a 2000 grit sandpaper and a rubber sanding block, GENTLY rub the area until it's level with the surrounding areas. Get ahold of a buffing wheel and use buffing creme to finish the job. Wait 24 hours to wash and wax as usual.

That happened to a friend of mine about 5 times in Queens and it was serious also, and he caught them by setting up a video camera and the kids were arrested and made restitution.... Mike

That happened to a friend of mine about 5 times in Queens and it was serious also, and he caught them by setting up a video camera and the kids were arrested and made restitution.... Mike

In Manhattan, a friend of mine was getting the hood on his Honda bashed in every so often, it looked as if someone was jumping on his hood. He set up a wireless camera inside his car and caught his next door neighbor in the act of jumping her fat *smurf* on the hood of his car. He had her arrested and pressed charged. She had to pay for all the damage.

Where I work, someone had purchased a brand new Cadillac SUV, the little one, I forget the model, in black. It was so new, it still had a temporary plate attached to the inside rear window.

When I saw the car in the morning it was fine. When I came out of work at 5 o'clock in the afternoon...someone had RIPPED the entire driver side, from front to back with something that had to be heavy like a screw driver. They torn the paint off the surface and went clear down to the sheet metal, in fact, the metal was dented in some spots too. Fairleigh Dickinson University is right next door to where I work and a lot of the college kids park on the side street. I can bet it was one of the college kids that did it.

Hi That's a shame and it really piss's me off when someone does damage to your car. I had a neighbor scratch the LR quarter panel on one of my cars a few years ago. An old bastard always walking around with a big(huge) ring of keys I told that guy if he wasn't so old I wolud beat the sh-- out of him next time one morning as I had my hands around hid throat.I gave him a pass The reason the guy scratched my car is I had a new driveway put in and I had to park one of the cars in front of my house until the cement dried well this old bugger thinks that parking spot in the front of my house is his Well he got the message real quick.I am glad my wife happened to be home to stop me from really mess'n this guy up.I don't get angry very often but when you mess with stuff like that It sure is hard to be calm about it.My wife came running out of the house as I had the guy by the throat along side of my car. And mentioned the guy is old leave him alone you are going to look like an a-- if he calls the cops. Glad she was there the legal fee's(lawyers) are not cheap. This stuff of messing up other peoples stuff just makes me very pissed off to say the least. Well I did manage to get even with this guy A couple weeks later I backed into his new escalade real good I did a few k worth of damage on it and got out and put a note on the window that I backed into his car and call me. I had to wait until it was parked in the front of my house to nail it.I did some damage to my car in the process but it was fun and worth it to me to get in a pay back.The guy now never parks anywhere near my house. I did a number on the drivers side on that escalade now the guy keeps his cars in his driveway all the time..It cost me a deductable on my ins policy to do that but it was worth it to me.Much cheaper than lawyer fee's and it really flt goooood!! Don't get mad get even..

Cheers

Jim

I "keyed" my own car, by accident. I got out of it in a store parking lot, and with the keys still in my hand, I was trying to take off my jackete, which was difficult, because of a recnet shoulder operation. All of a sudden, my arm flies out of the sleeve and I swipe the key across the car body. It made me sick as the car was only six months old.

How do you plan on repairing the scratch?

You said touch-up paint and clearcoat, but how do you apply and buff ? Should the clearcoat not be the sceond application?

I "keyed" my own car, by accident. I got out of it in a store parking lot, and with the keys still in my hand, I was trying to take off my jackete, which was difficult, because of a recnet shoulder operation. All of a sudden, my arm flies out of the sleeve and I swipe the key across the car body. It made me sick as the car was only six months old.

How do you plan on repairing the scratch?

You said touch-up paint and clearcoat, but how do you apply and buff ? Should the clearcoat not be the sceond application?

Order the proper paint and clear coat for your vehicle. It will come in two separate bottles.

Step 1: remove all the wax from the area by using mineral spirits. Follow this with a good wash of warm water and car wash soap that contains no wax.

Step 2: begin by applying the paint to the scratch in small amounts, building up the scratched area and filling in the scratch as well as possible with the paint. Make sure it's not too humid when you do this.

Step 3: After the paint has dried, which can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day depending on temperature and humidity, apply a nice coat of the clear coat paint. Allow this to dry anywhere from a few hours to a full day depending on temperature and humidity.

Step 4: You will need a bucket of soapy water, 2000 grit sanding paper, rubber sanding block, polishing wheel and polishing solution, creme or paste designed specifically for the finishing touches on the clear coat. Wet the area with the soapy water then using the rubber sanding block, proceed to GENTLY buff the area with the 2000 grit sanding paper. What you are attempting to do is level out the painted area to match the area around it so that you can't feel the painted area. Don't rub too hard, better to spend 20 minutes rubbing softly than to rub hard for 5 minutes and ruin the job by rubbing off too much. Stop and feel the scratch every so often to get an idea of how much farther you have to sand to accomplish your "leveling" of the scratch. Once you've managed this, wash the area with clean water, dry it and proceed to use the polishing wheel with your solution, creme or paste and polish the painted scratch and the surrounding area to restore the shine in the clear coat. You're done!

Archived