CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Valvoline Max Life

mike33

Hello All, been a long time since I posted here. My Deville has about 93k on it now. Was wondering if anybody is using Valvoline Max Life oil, and has it suceeded in stopping any leaks? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Hello All, been a long time since I posted here. My Deville has about 93k on it now. Was wondering if anybody is using Valvoline Max Life oil, and has it suceeded in stopping any leaks? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Mike,

I don't have any experience with Valvoline Max Life, but I do have some with Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle oil.

I have had very good luck with it. Since switching from regular Pennzoil to the High Mileage Vehicle verzion, I have had a marked reduction in leakage and useage. While it has not stopped the leaks totally, at least there are no puddles under the car anymore.

Good Luck,

Britt

Britt

Oh Nooo! Another oil topic! Look, every manufacturer of motor oil uses the same additives to swell seals...aparently, this has been come to be known as high mileage oil. Personally, I would just fix the leak, but that's just me. I doubt that any tests have been done to assess the effectiveness of these additives, but if they have, the information can likely be found on:

#1. The oil manufacturers website (which is probably mostly sales hype) or

#2. bobistheoilguy.com

Now, I don't REALLY like posting ouside links to other sources of info, but if you want to learn about motor oil, bob is the guy to visit. It takes about a month of reading to learn exactly what's going on, but in the end you'll have an answer to your question.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I have been to bobistheoilguy in the past. But I feel this is a better place for my question. Specifically, I looking to find out if these high mileage oils have had any effect on the case half leak.

Anybody use these oils and have any success concerning the case half leak? Tks!

Oh Nooo! Another oil topic! Look, every manufacturer of motor oil uses the same additives to swell seals...aparently, this has been come to be known as high mileage oil. Personally, I would just fix the leak, but that's just me. I doubt that any tests have been done to assess the effectiveness of these additives, but if they have, the information can likely be found on:

#1. The oil manufacturers website (which is probably mostly sales hype) or

#2. bobistheoilguy.com

Now, I don't REALLY like posting ouside links to other sources of info, but if you want to learn about motor oil, bob is the guy to visit. It takes about a month of reading to learn exactly what's going on, but in the end you'll have an answer to your question.

I tried all that stuff, none of it works. The best cheap fix is to tighten the bolts\clamps on whatever is leaking. Be VERY careful not to over torque, you can ruin a gasket that way. A good way to avoid over torqing is to use a torque wrench, or limit yourself to using a quarter inch drive ratchet, as only a limited amout of force can be applied to that size ratchet.

I tried all that stuff, none of it works. The best cheap fix is to tighten the bolts\clamps on whatever is leaking. Be VERY careful not to over torque, you can ruin a gasket that way. A good way to avoid over torqing is to use a torque wrench, or limit yourself to using a quarter inch drive ratchet, as only a limited amout of force can be applied to that size ratchet.

Thanks Dan, can you list areas to tighten? Also, completely different subject for anybody> does the 02 DevilleDHS have any servicable grease fittings??

Thanks Dan, can you list areas to tighten? Also, completely different subject for anybody> does the 02 DevilleDHS have any servicable grease fittings??

Simple stuff like engine/transmission oil pans, various coolant or oil lines, etc. Northstar case halves I would leave alone though.

Also, completely different subject for anybody> does the 02 DevilleDHS have any servicable grease fittings??

I'm pretty sure there are none. None on my '03.

Archived