CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'94 STS strange AC\Ventilation problem

alkapin

Yesterday after about 10 minutes of working AC system shutted down (no fan). I switched to ventlation mode and it was working. Today I started the car and AC was working, then after about 5 minutes it dies again. THis time even ventilation mode was down (no fan noise, no air flow). I tried to turn it off and on - same thing. What could it be? Thanks.

The first thing you want to do is check the fuses in the block under the plastic cover on the driver's side just behind and under the air cleaner. Also, you want to check the OBD I codes. Here's how:

Write down the codes and post them here. The codes will tell whether there is low Freon or other problems. If there are no codes, then the relays are the next place to look.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

If I understand correctly, the symptom is intermittent operation of the blower? If so, the blower motor is on its way out.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Yesterday after about 10 minutes of working AC system shutted down (no fan). I switched to ventlation mode and it was working. Today I started the car and AC was working, then after about 5 minutes it dies again. THis time even ventilation mode was down (no fan noise, no air flow). I tried to turn it off and on - same thing. What could it be? Thanks.

I had the same problem over a year ago. No codes. finally decided to replace the fan (blower). Ordered from RockAuto. Blower came, but before I could replace it, the system started working. Waited for three months before sending part back. Two weeks later the same problem occured. Re-ordered and as soon as the part arrived(I swear) the blower started functioning again. The blower is still sitting in the box unopened. Still haven't figgured it out. Two weeks ago I got the low refridgerant and compressor shut off warning. Code AO47. Replaced (last night) a leaky low side switch and had a friend evac the system and recharged. Reset code. Working well, I'll see what happens. This might be your problem if when you try to run the automatic climate control(AUTO) button and it kicks it over to the economy side of your system. Check your codes.

Kent

The first thing you want to do is check the fuses in the block under the plastic cover on the driver's side just behind and under the air cleaner. Also, you want to check the OBD I codes. Here's how:

</a>

Write down the codes and post them here. The codes will tell whether there is low Freon or other problems. If there are no codes, then the relays are the next place to look.

Ouch, my car is full of them :)

Here what it told me:

H-history, C-current

p039 h

p061 c

p062 c

p065 c

p067 h

no IPC codes

a015 c

no SIR codes

no TCS codes

s025 h

s026 h

s027 h

s028 h

s036h

s044 h

s060 h

s061 h

and then it says PCM? at which point i turned it off. I really hope it doesn't have terminal illness based on this codes! :)

thanks!

Here are descriptions but I dont see anything regarding cabin fan :( What do I do now?

Also I know I have aftermarket passive front struts hence the codes, but whats going on with rear? What are the history codes anyway? Does it mean that problem gone?

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Codes (Engine/Transmission)

Engine Control Module (ECM) Codes*

P039 h (E039) ..... Torque Coverter Clutch/Viscous Converter Clutch Engagement Problem

P061 c (E061) ......................................... Cruise - Vent Solenoid Problem

P062 c (E062) ....................................... Cruise - Vacuum Solenoid Problem

P065 c (E065) ................................................... Cruise - SPS Failure

P067 h (E067) ........................................ Cruise Switch shorted at Enable

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Codes

no IPC codes

Air Conditioning Programer (ACP) Codes

A015 c ....................................................... Sun Load Sensor Circuit

Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) Codes

no SIR codes

Traction Control System (TCS) Codes

no TCS codes

Road Sensing Suspension (RSS) Codes

S025 h .................................. Right Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to B+

S026 h ......................... Right Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to Ground/Open

S027 h .............................................. Right Rear Solenoid open circuit

s028 h

S036 h ...................... Electronic Level Control Compressor Short to Ground/Open

S044 h ..................................................... Lift or Dive Signal Fault

S060 h .............................................. Left Front Position Sensor Fault

S061 h ............................................. Right Front Position Sensor Fault

Archived