CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

90 Eldorado runs bad after AC work

Took 96 eldorado 4.6 to mechanic i've known for years to install blower motor. After installation ,the car missed real bad.With 95000 mi. he suggested plugs and wires.Still missing and vibration at idle andup to 30 mph,then sounds ok.Engine light is on ,so he keeps car two more days. He goes over it and checks vacum hoses ,coil pack,checks for loose connections--Nothing. I let him off the hook.brought it home .the only code showing is pc0300 which means it is missfiring. I am stuck. can you please give me some ideas? Thanks

I'll bet the rear bank of plug wires were removed to gain access to the blower motor. Either a plug wire was not seated properly or there is a bad wire. When it's dark outside, mist the plug wires with water from a spray bottle and see if you see arcing.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Made sure all plug wires are correct from plug to coil pack. checked after dark and no arcing.When I took car in it was running fine.When the mechanic put blower motor in fire wall I think he would have to have moved engine forward to have enough room to install it.The ac works fine now but car idles and runs rough till you get to 30mph.Could something happen when engine was moved?I cannot find anything out of place or loose.code is pc0300 Thanks

Made sure all plug wires are correct from plug to coil pack. checked after dark and no arcing.When I took car in it was running fine.When the mechanic put blower motor in fire wall I think he would have to have moved engine forward to have enough room to install it.The ac works fine now but car idles and runs rough till you get to 30mph.Could something happen when engine was moved?I cannot find anything out of place or loose.code is pc0300 Thanks

have you checked to see if he could have cracked a sparkplug ???

The car was missing immediatley after blower installation. He said plugs were bad.I didn't think so but went ahead and bought new wires and plugs$130 installed those and still runs like crap.

The car was missing immediatley after blower installation. He said plugs were bad.I didn't think so but went ahead and bought new wires and plugs$130 installed those and still runs like crap.

someone posted here the other day, about their car running bad after a

tuneup and what they found was that they had over tightened one

of the plugs and cracked the porsalin(sp.) ... did whoever installed the plug use a torque wrench ???

i am like the other guys and am thinking plug or wires ...

just because something is new doesn't mean it ain't broke ...

or maybe a vacume leak ???

does anyone know of any vacume lines on the firewall side of the engine ???

good luck, Lane

Archived