CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Goofy Cadillac

Astrak

I always wondered why some Cadillac's have the needle sweep thing and some dont and I've always wanted my 98 to have it. Anyways I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting to use the ATM, when I get my chance I open my door and happen to notice as I opened the door my gauges did the needle sweep thing. This happened while the car was off so no lights but the needles did sweep it was kind of weird.

I always wondered why some Cadillac's have the needle sweep thing and some dont and I've always wanted my 98 to have it. Anyways I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting to use the ATM, when I get my chance I open my door and happen to notice as I opened the door my gauges did the needle sweep thing. This happened while the car was off so no lights but the needles did sweep it was kind of weird.

Here is a pic of mine foing the sweep.

post-3613-1193539501_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

The needle sweep thing a calibration thing, right? I've never seen my guages do that. Was that a year specific thing?

Yes, '99-'01 give or take a year.

Thanks. I guess my '97 is too old :( I'll have to keep an eye out for that, I'll be replacing my instrument panel pretty soon (I have the metric default, its hard to read the MPH because it's so cramped together). I don't want to install a panel that does the calibration thing because it's probably not compatible with my car (I'll prob have something not plugged in that controls that) and will set a code off or something. I'll keep that in mind when I do the swap!

Based on my understanding, it's kind of random on whether your car got it or not. Which seems to indicate that it may simply be a software setting somewhere. My 2001 STS does not do it.

I don't think the ones in the Eldorados ever did it, regardless of year. It was just '98+ Sevilles and maybe some of the '00+ DTSes.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived