CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Motor mount Shield 2001 Deville

BUICK11

My Cadillac dealer advised that GMPP would not pay for the shield to protect the new front motor mount but would pay for the new Motor mount. Shield Part #15804790.

Since I did not want to get into a pissing contest. I just told them to bill me for it. No big deal.

Any comments appreciated.

Frank

My Cadillac dealer advised that GMPP would not pay for the shield to protect the new front motor mount but would pay for the new Motor mount. Shield Part #15804790.

Since I did not want to get into a pissing contest. I just told them to bill me for it. No big deal.

Any comments appreciated.

Frank

Frank,

I think the shield is only about 20 bucks, but it sucks that GMPP won't pay for it. It helps to protect the motor mount so thay won't have to pay for THAT again. If they would just realize........thats why it's called a SHIELD. :D:D

I think I would give GMPP a quick call, just to see what the reason is for them not wanting to protect their investment. Meaning the new motor mount.

Posted Image

Major Guard with a zero deductable They did replace the Catalitic converter and crankshaft sensor and the mount.

Boy I never realized how close the mount was to the exhaust pipe until i just crawled under the car to look at the shield. Wonder how long it will last now.

When they told me the motor mount was bad I went to my Alldata subscription and did a search on motor mount and it came back with a shield. Faxed it to the dealer who I think was suprised I had the information.

All is well that ends well.

Thanks

Frank

Archived