CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

'93 STS Sway (stab) bar and end link part #'s

Bob D

I'm getting ready for a suspension overhaul (passive) project, and throwing in the sway bar bushings and end links with it...Anyone have these part numbers for the 23mm stab bar to expidite an online part order?

Thanks!

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Bob, when I got some bushings, the PN was determined, by the VIN. I gave the dealer the VIN, he gave me the PN.

Rek, the one factor left out of your equation was "purchase"...When I give the dealer the VIN, and he gives me the part #, the next thing they expect is my credit card! If I were to say thanks and walk away, that would be the LAST time they'd ever do me any favors. When they put out an effort, they expect to get paid...funny thing, huh? If you've got a guy that will give you part numbers for nothing, that's an exception to the rule as I've known it at any dealership, for many years. ;)

user posted image

Bob D,

The bushings are very cheap , makess sense to buy from the diller.

ad, Regardless of whether they are 'very cheap', I still have an aversion to getting hosed at the dealer's for a part cost. If the end link is 70 bucks at the dealer, you know it can be found for almost half of that online (still OEM, of course) Example: the parts I've ordered (endlinks and bushings) totaled >150$ at the dealer, 35 miles from here. At GM parts.com 105$ delivered. No gas money, no 7.75% sales tax...

user posted image

Bob, I do purchase at the dealer, at a price LOWER than all the favorite web sites. For grins, get a price at one of the web sites. Go to the dealer an explain your desire to do business with the local merchants, IF they can match your web price. They might give you the same price but you can come back at them with NO tax over the web. They might refigure their quote to get a lower price (including tax). If they do, buy the item in good faith. I sometimes "Gift" the dealer personel (Microfiber towels/Donuts). I treat them like they are the "Good Guys". It COMES back.No "Tudes" at the counter, at the service desk. If they seem to be gaming, I just tell them that I'll have to get back with them after I talk to so and so at the Zone office. (I have called the Zone office, so the name is REAL). My call was a fact-finding mission. "What is usually covered by xyz warranty claim?" In a sense, it's name dropping, but it also lets them know you know where to go if they're playing. You catch more bee's with honey as compared to S***...

rek

Bob, I do purchase at the dealer, at a price LOWER than all the favorite web sites. For grins, get a price at one of the web sites. Go to the dealer an explain your desire to do business with the local merchants, IF they can match your web price. They might give you the same price but you can come back at them with NO tax over the web. They might refigure their quote to get a lower price (including tax). If they do, buy the item in good faith. I sometimes "Gift" the dealer personel (Microfiber towels/Donuts). I treat them like they are the "Good Guys". It COMES back.No "Tudes" at the counter, at the service desk. If they seem to be gaming, I just tell them that I'll have to get back with them after I talk to so and so at the Zone office. (I have called the Zone office, so the name is REAL). My call was a fact-finding mission. "What is usually covered by xyz warranty claim?" In a sense, it's name dropping, but it also lets them know you know where to go if they're playing. You catch more bee's with honey as compared to S***...

rek, you must spend a LOT more time a the dealer than I do.. ;) Seriously, I rarely go there, mainly do the the prices, and their arrogance. It doesn't matter how nice and logical you try to by, they basically couldn't give a rodent's posterior.

user posted image

My local dealer doesn't have a problem providing part nos.. I guess I am lucky in that respect.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived