CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New to Me '99 STS

MIke D

So my Maroon '93 sts finally got replaced. She is still driveable and insured but not a reliable daily driver car. I had purchased a 99 sts with 107K on it for short money last fall. Save up enough money to get it on the road and it's been great. I do however have a few codes. They have been cleared out and some have re-appeared. So here we go...

(just happened today will see if it comes back)

ABS C1227 - Left Rear Excessive Wheel Speed Variation

(cant remember if I disconnected the battery and cleared, We will see if it comes back)

AMP U1064 - Loss of Communications with DIM

DIM U1301 - Class 2 Short to Battery

DIM U1016 - Loss of Communications with PCM

(Always showes up)

IPM B1343 - Air Inlet Door Movement Fault

IPM B1344 - HeaterDefrost/AC Door Movement Fault

So where do I stick my head under the dash to see if the doors are opening and closing?

If it was not my battery what does a class 2 short mean and could it be something as simple as a lose plug on the pcm or dim and what are those two things?

If it is an ABS problem with the rear wheel can I just replace the sensor or is it part of the hub???

Thanks in advance for your help. You have all been great in the past. MD

post-140-1184081537_thumb.jpg

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

First thing would be to check for loose wiring to the left rear wheel sensor. We occasionally get reports of ABS problems, especially after brake pad changes, caused by unplugged sensor.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

You might also check the tire make, size and type on the left rear, and make sure that it matches the other tires.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The brakes were changed about 3000 miles ago.. I'll take a look. Drive #2 today pulled up no codes. The tires are also the same size all the way around... The moron who changed the brakes had no Idea how to put the new pad sensors in so one of them got chewed up. Had to twist the bare wires together to get the message to go out. I'll fix it on the next brake job.

The "kid" who I bought it off of hacked parts of this car up. Too bad too, his mom had it for the first 7 years. Caddilac service the whole time then she passed away and he got it. Destroyed parts of the interior. He had no idea of what "clips" were used for. He just broke them all off where ever he touched it. Still got a great deal on it though. Will just be a work in progress.

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

I think you can ignore the U1064 also, my '99 gets it from time-to-time with no apparent ill effects. I haven't had one lately because I began turning the key to "ON" for 3 "dings" (of the bell) before starting it up. This was some old advice given on this board. Maybe the computers were a little slow to fire up or something.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived