CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cadillac Hybrids

Automotive news is reporting based on an interview with Bob Lutz:

Nearly every Cadillac product could feature a hybrid variant as early as the next two years, Lutz, GM's vice chairman of global product development, said in an interview with Automotive News.

The program has not been approved. But, Lutz said, it's "very logical to assume" that a hybrid drivetrain would fit in nearly all Cadillac vehicles, starting with the Escalade SUV next year.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...B/70706032/1128

(subscription required)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Excellent. If GM commits to helping solve the 5-calendar-year life limit of Li-Ion batteries or finding another technology that has comparable or better stored energy per pound, that would be a real beacon to the future.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Frequently my total commute is 8 blocks, so I have days I could use 0 gallons of gas if the car has say a 40 mile electric-only radius.

Bruce

Excellent. If GM commits to helping solve the 5-calendar-year life limit of Li-Ion batteries or finding another technology that has comparable or better stored energy per pound, that would be a real beacon to the future.

This interests me. Of course, as a non-subscriber, I wasn't able to read the article.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Yes, autonews is pricey, at $155/year, or on sale at $110 occasionally. It is a weekly, and they have a lot of web content. In this case I tried to pull the interesting Cadillac reference out as fair use. It is really a trade pub, so a lot of their articles are about suppliers and the industry.

Bruce

Archived