CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

FIgured I'd stop in and say hi

Well been enjoying the 04 Grand Prix, dad's caddy sounds like it needs a new cat, he is considering a newer vehicle or possibly a third vehicle at some point. In the past few weeks he has been doing rehab at the VA medical center, real shame, seems everytime he comes home someone else has hit it dinged something on it, a real bad spot on the rear driver side door, someone scraped it real good (just had the repaintined less than a year ago from someone keying almost the whole drivers side). Still running it with the TC/ABS lights on tell we have some extra funds for a BPMV. Dealer will put a junkyard one in for 800 so that might be a good route, no guarantee on parts/labor that route.

Anyway for the Grand Prix I'm looking at cold air intakes, possible a smaller SC pulley, which would mean possibly running a 180 thermostat and colder plugs. They say starting with a 3.5 pulley (stock is 3.8 and droping to the 3.5 will give me 6 more lbs of boost) will give me a good jump and depending on if I get any knock retard I could go further, to a 3.4 with a 3inch downpipe, hi-flow cat. (If i knock with a 3.5 I'll need to bump all the prior up) Possibly even an upgrade to a NORTHSTAR Throttle body, bigger, better flowing for more air should the engine run to rich. There's a huge aftermarket world for the Grand Prix. Easilly put the 3800 engine over 300hp/300ft-lbs of torque which is the number I will be near but not passing as I don't want to go threw trannies.

Here's the intake I'm looking at (if I don't do a DIY solution):

247_1.jpg

247_2.jpg

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/pr...7&catid=113

I plan to use an AEM Dryflow filter because of their not needing any oiling, they are cleanable, and filter much better than a K&N and flow almost as good, something I need working construction. Was even considering a Volant filter. Stock airbox isn't bad but could be sucking from more and colder places, plus the tubing takes a weird kink to connect the seperate MAF and throttle body. Great design to keep the intake quite and muffle the SC wine, but I wouldn't mind hearing it more. The Caddy's have the V8 that we let shine threw the exhuast, gotta play to the GP strength of its SC.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

BTW how did the Sabers do in the playoffs? :unsure:

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Nice to see you back ... thanks again for that tip on pre-game chow for the Sabres game in Buffalo.

Drury and Briere are gone .... but you guys have so much depth and solid goaltending, you'll still likely finish 1st or second.

Why do you figure Buffalo went out in 5 games to Ottawa?

From what I saw, Ottawa's size and grit took the speed right out of the Sabre's game. I felt that Buffalo should have declined all

powerplay opportunities ... it was that bad.

At the end of it all, it looked like the only Eastern team who gave Anaheim any competition was Detroit.

And up here in Toronto, we're looking at hiring 73 yr old John Muckler to babysit our gm, John Ferguson.

We're the laughing stock of the NHL. Canada's flagship franchise, and we need someone to hold the hand of our

manager in training.

Oh yeah ... we're bringing back 18 skaters from the team that finished out of the playoffs last year .... guess I'll have to root

for Buffalo again.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

In all honesty it was simply the power play that killed our momentum, seemed the team just didn't show up on them, after a series of those they stopped skating, with guys like Briere, Drury, Connolly, Pominville all on the same line, I don't care how tough a team is, you should put at least something on net, and most likely in it. Heck the 5on3 shorthanded goal that was scored during the season was pretty much the nail in the coffin for the PP...We should have just hooked someone to the ground to get a 4on4.

I'm suprised we didn't bring up Paetsch just for powerplays, he sparked them to life during the season for the breif time he had to play forward...heck Kalinen was down to 2 minutes a game. I'm confident we can make a run for the cup, we had all the bounces last year, no one to blame but ourselves...and in that sense I am at peace because I don't have to get a "No Goal Number 2 sign" :P

The meltdown began in the Rangers series, slowly but surely the only guy showing up it seemed was Drury.

I think we will do ok, I keep forgetting that Connolly wasn't really able to shine, always was off the ice to quick to make something happen, and heck Mair has the heart of Gretzky...just not the skill and he is looking like a promising grit leader.

The rochester prospects still remain promising....VS. Toronto they did great...I withhold mentioning the score.

I think the 2 captains thing was a little odd, all season I thought that, doesn't define 1 leader, and heck it certainly seemed like neither captain could really fire the team up in the ottawa series, 1 game we saw the sabres play like the know they can, the other 4 we were half in half out....

Lindy is a great coach, and its about time he simply lost in the playoffs rather than being robbed :P

So yeah it was a good run and fun to watch, now onto next season...hope I can snag at least 1 game ticket, they say all the season tickets are sold out.

Oh yea, about the car, many have just altered the stock airboxes intake and such to allow a more free flowing and colder air flow, this done by gutting them and cutting a hole in the side. The stock design is designed to give as much flow as possible with as little supercharger wine as possible. I don't mind the wine so all flow for me! Best of all the cost of this mod (could be an airbox if I screw up :P) is nearly free, except for some metallic dryer vent tubing...which I have extra of in the basement I think :)

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived