CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

P0155 code, 97 Deville

AtlantaMc

Hey guys!

Where might the P0155 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1) location be on a 97 Deville?? Also, I cleared the code yesterday, and planed to have the emission inspection done today. Will this effect the outcome? Or, should I wait untill I've replaced it. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Mark

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

97 Deville 279,000 :yupi3ti:

Bank 2 is the side that includes cylinder #2 and on your car that is the forward bank. There is only one sensor designated for 2 bank and it is located in the exhaust manifold very close to the point where all 4 cylinders are plumbed into one piece of pipe.

And by clearing the codes, you have reset all the OBD "readiness" flags to red. I suggest you drive the car over the weekend (several hundred miles) before you try to pass the emissions test. If the readiness flags are not green, you will fail the tesst even without an emissions related code.

One more reason to get the emissions test done early in the month of your birthday!

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

The P0155 code should set the MIL, so if the light stays out the HO2S is working properly. If you reset the codes, you will need to take the car through a driving cycle -- start, warm up, drive over 45 mph for awhile -- before the PCM will produce a signal saying its codes are valid. If you've done that and the MIL doesn't come on, then this code won't prevent you from passing.

Bank 2 is the one against the firewall in FWD Northstars. The first oxygen sensor is the one on the manifold after the four piples come together; this is the hardest one to get to but it can be changed from underneath the car. There are two on the cat, one just before and one just after, and these aren't it. The one you are looking for is above the Y where the two banks combine for the cat mounting flange.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Bank 2 is the one against the firewall in FWD Northstars....

Wrong. I have to challlenge you on that.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thank you guys!!!! Your always a great help! Just knowing where to look, and what to expect, makes it sooooo much easier... :P

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

JimD is correct. Bank 1 is on the rear (firewall) side. Bank 2 is on the front (radiator) side.

Ranger is correct. Please pardon the faux pas.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hey guys!

Found the sensor and removed it. Any ideas where the connection for the cable is? I was going to remove it before buying the new one to compare; and of coarse, without the new one, I have no idea how long or where to begin looking for the connector. :blink:

Mark

Mark McDermott

79 Deville 84,000

Hey guys!

Where might the P0155 Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1) location be on a 97 Deville?? Also, I cleared the code yesterday, and planed to have the emission inspection done today. Will this effect the outcome? Or, should I wait untill I've replaced it. Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Mark

You can buy an O2 sensor and an O2 sensor socket and replace that O2 sensor easily. The connector is right there near transaxle, its connector is secured to a bracket. See this thread, Scotty posted info on the OBDII drive cycle; if you follow that chart, your system should be ready for inspection, Mike

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?sho...;hl=drive+cycle

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Archived