CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Escalade Bumper

blueline

Ive been looking to buy an Escalade and have looked at literally hundreds. My question, this particular Escalade has a front grille that I have never seen before. Has anyone ever seen this before? Is this original grille? If not, can I but the original somwhere? I dont like this grille that is on this vehicle.

post-6400-1182142361_thumb.jpg

post-6400-1182142371_thumb.jpg

Ive been looking to buy an Escalade and have looked at literally hundreds. My question, this particular Escalade has a front grille that I have never seen before. Has anyone ever seen this before? Is this original grille? If not, can I but the original somwhere? I dont like this grille that is on this vehicle.

I have a 2000 Escalade. That is not the stock grill Most of the time the aftermarket grill is placed over the orginal grill. You should be able to take that grill off and have the stock one exposed. Make sure you consider the gas mileage before buying a 2000 Escalade gets 11 mpg city and 16 highway and thats driving it like an old man. Read some reviews on it at Edmunds.com

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any regrets buying an Escalade?

I read the reviews and know about the gas mileage. I drive 2 miles to work, leave the car in the parking lot for 4 days, and then drive home my P.O.V. I get a take home car as a part of my job. Its just that on my off days, I work 4 on, 4 off, I want something nice and I have had my eye on an escalade for a few years.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any regrets buying an Escalade?

I read the reviews and know about the gas mileage. I drive 2 miles to work, leave the car in the parking lot for 4 days, and then drive home my P.O.V. I get a take home car as a part of my job. Its just that on my off days, I work 4 on, 4 off, I want something nice and I have had my eye on an escalade for a few years.

I Love my Truck No regrets at all. I had mine allmost a year and a half now and put 5000 miles on it don't drive it much at all. If you buy a 99 or 00 it is not a true Cadillac Its a Gmc Denali with a differnt interior and body cladding. Much more basic than the 02-07 Escalades. But thats what I like cheaper parts and easier to fix. I just put 18" 07 rims on and it brought it up to date. Good luck on your search take your time theres alot of them out there.

My brother has a 2004 Esclalade EXT. The one that kinda looks like a pickup. He has had no problems with it in about 15,000 miles. He bought it used with 50,000 on it. Now has about 65,000 on it. Zero problems.

Jim

Posted Image

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback. I am having a hard time finding Escalades where I live. On autotrader, i have to put 200 miles from my zip code, just to get about 25 results. Of those 25, only 3 or 4 are worth buying. Im looking for a 2000, with less than 75K miles, under 16K. The one I posted above is tops on my list. Its a 2000, with 52K miles, and listed at 14,900. Black is not my first option. I wish it was aspen white or that off white color. But oh well.

Thanks again for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

FYI,

I went ahead and bought this 2000 Escalade pictured above. I got it for 13K. It has 51500 miles. runs great!

Only problem is the wear and tear on the inside is a little much for a car with such few miles.

Has anyone here ever had the dash, consoles, sterring wheels, door molds restored or repainted? I have found some do it yourself stuff on the net, but wasnt sure how it would look.

Sometimes the salvage yards post entire interiors on ebay. The shipping can be bad, but that's one way to refresh the seats, door liners, etc.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

To find this grill you may want to search under Mesh Billet Grille or Carbon fiber grill, I have not seen that style for about a year or so. When I purchased my 99 Escalade two years ago my wife really wanted that exact grill, at that time they were all over eBay.

Two years ago I bought my 99 with 71,000 miles for $11,500, now it has 107,000. I have replaced the water pump and one valve in the trans. I travel with work most of the time and I feel safe with my wife driving this while I am gone, she has been in two minor accidents one person in the front and one in the back. Both accident produced major damage to the other vehicals and minnor cosmetic damage to the Escalade. Peace of mind for me is worth the 12-17 miles per gallen.

Also has been a great vehical for haulling, the inside is large with the seats folded. I have also pulled car dollys up to 600 miles and many other trailers.

Now for the best story:

My son last year slide into a ditch on a snowy night 1/4 mile away from my home. State Troopers arrived on the scene just afer I did, they insisted we needed to call a tow truck immediatly(you know how the State Boys are) I replied to him there was no need to, he asked how I was going to get the car out immediatly, I just pointed at the Escalde. He laughed slightly and turned to another officer to make fun. OK 5 min. later I had the chain hooked up, jumped in, put in 4 low and pulled the car out of a 5 ft deep ditch without even spinning a tire. The look on the Troopers face was priceless.

Back to another one of your questions if some of the leather looks old but still in good shape you can get the seats redyed yes all this type of leather is dyed or painted, if you cant find someone to do this check with a good furniture repair man in your area

To sum up yes it is very expensive to pay gas but its worth the money.

The question is not can you aford to drive an Escalade but can you aford not to drive a Escalade.

David

To find this grill you may want to search under Mesh Billet Grille or Carbon fiber grill, I have not seen that style for about a year or so. When I purchased my 99 Escalade two years ago my wife really wanted that exact grill, at that time they were all over eBay.

Two years ago I bought my 99 with 71,000 miles for $11,500, now it has 107,000. I have replaced the water pump and one valve in the trans. I travel with work most of the time and I feel safe with my wife driving this while I am gone, she has been in two minor accidents one person in the front and one in the back. Both accident produced major damage to the other vehicals and minnor cosmetic damage to the Escalade. Peace of mind for me is worth the 12-17 miles per gallen.

Also has been a great vehical for haulling, the inside is large with the seats folded. I have also pulled car dollys up to 600 miles and many other trailers.

Now for the best story:

My son last year slide into a ditch on a snowy night 1/4 mile away from my home. State Troopers arrived on the scene just afer I did, they insisted we needed to call a tow truck immediatly(you know how the State Boys are) I replied to him there was no need to, he asked how I was going to get the car out immediatly, I just pointed at the Escalde. He laughed slightly and turned to another officer to make fun. OK 5 min. later I had the chain hooked up, jumped in, put in 4 low and pulled the car out of a 5 ft deep ditch without even spinning a tire. The look on the Troopers face was priceless.

Back to another one of your questions if some of the leather looks old but still in good shape you can get the seats redyed yes all this type of leather is dyed or painted, if you cant find someone to do this check with a good furniture repair man in your area

To sum up yes it is very expensive to pay gas but its worth the money.

The question is not can you aford to drive an Escalade but can you aford not to drive a Escalade.

David

I love the grille on the Escalade I bought. I just dont like the interior. Im going to look around for auto interior restoration companies or like you mention, a furniture repair shop who can re-do the leather.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase.

Archived