CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS'VRs racing April 15 in Long Beach

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=248086&FS=

LONG BEACH, Calif. - One year later, fans of the SCCA SPEED World Challenge GT series still talk about The Pass - Ron Fellows' last-lap outside move around the race-leading Viper that sealed the victory for Team Cadillac on the streets of Long Beach. When the Canadian road racing ace returns to the Southern California street circuit on April 15 for the second round of the SPEED GT championship, he'll be aiming to score a second straight win for Team Cadillac in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Bruce,

I read somewhere, that the Cadillac's have some type of restricter plate in this type racing.

WHY?

They are 4 door sedans racing against Vipers and Corvettes. Looks like if anything needed a restricter plate, it sure wouldn't be a Cadillac. :):)

Posted Image

The goal is to even the racers as much as possible. The CTS-VR's would make around 600hp unrestricted; in current racing form they make around 515hp. The Vipers and Corvettes have similar intake restriction and weight limits. The CTS-VR is also rev-limited to 7000rpm (at their first race at Sebring they spun up to 7900rpm).

In this series, when you win a race you get extra weight added to your individual car also.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

can't wait for another exciting season!

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

Archived