CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Top Gear vs the M5

Bruce Nunnally

The British TV program Top Gear attacks the BMW M5. Actually, their previous M5 reports had been "the car that changed the world forever" and all, but the current model has more technology than they enjoy:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVrZc7wSr4"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVrZc7wSr4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVrZc7wSr4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

• 2 months later...

He likes it after he discovers the "M" button, which puts everything in the high-performance mode.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 2 weeks later...

So, he hates the M5 up until he presses the little 'M' button, then all of a sudden all the bad stuff about the pumpkin car is no longer worth mentioning. :blink: Apparently, the 507 HP 'M' button gave him a rise (if you know what I mean?) and all the blood rushed out of his brain and that's all he needs to love an otherwise P.O.S. :rolleyes::lol:

• 2 months later...

I've watched quite a few episodes of Top Gear at my friends house and on Youtube and I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of Jeremy. The show is great in my opinion, but Jeremy is very biased and a total jerk to everything American. Then again, Jeremy is the show I suppose so maybe I'm being hypocritical. Needless to say, my mouth waters when I see some of the car's they have in that show.

As for the M5, I saw a very much stock one at a car show this past summer with a couple friends. It wasn't that nice, although the owner said he can move very fast in it. Then again, it was a Supra show so he was the oddball there, haha.

• 2 years later...

iv learned to hate that show. there so very biased. i remember hearing one of them make the statement to the effect of "i really hate having to drive/review american cars". then when they did the corvette vs viper show one of the guys had some very silly things to say. They like to compare so in so feature of a USA car to that of a really high end EU car but always seem to neglect to mentone that the EU supercar cost 3 times as much ;P they def seem to have an agenda

Archived