CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTS Testing on Saturday

Jim, your DTS is sweet.

Thank You. I really like it.

Wow. That is just too fast for me. I've only been around 100 before and nothing ever over that.

It is really hard to drive it UNDER 80. It cruises at 100 easy.

Hit the speed limiter several times this morning going over to meet Bruce. Was playing with a WRX and a Porsche. :) They were surprised that I could keep up with them. :) Got a thumbs up from the Porsche driver as he was getting off the freeway.

Good report, and nice photos. That is a striking car!

Thank You.

Posted Image

Nice looking ride Jim! Is that Diamond White? I hope to have an '06 one day. . .of course, I'll have to wait till around 2012. :)

It is similar to Diamond White. Now they call it White Lightning. :)

It is a pearl type paint that changes color depending on light conditions and what is close to it. It will pick up color and hue of things that are close to it. If you are driving down the boulevard ... trees are arching overhead ... you look out over the hood ... it looks green instead of white ...etc. :) I like it. Don't see too many of them.

Posted Image

• 2 years later...

TexasJim and I are working on a Test Update soon. He has had his 2006 DTS Performance Sedan performance tuned since our last test, and we want to see if we can get any better times.

Also I would like to get some initial skidpad / cornering g-force test method worked out while we have at least 2 cars present. I am hoping to run some external video showing each car cornering so that we can see lean angles.

So, stay tuned. Previous best for Jim's DTS was 0-60 in 6.68sec as detailed above.

Previous best for Bruce's 2005 CTS was 0-60 in 5.95sec (under near perfect conditions)

I have ordered a new gadget to help with this type of testing but we probably won't have it in hand before the next outing.

pb1.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived