CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Just got my heritage of ownership badge on my grille...

IPB Image

IPB Image

I know it's kind of beat up, but it's the thought that counts B)

-Dusty-

- 02 Seville STS, white diamond

- 93 Sixty Special, Tan with vinyl top

- 79 Coupe DeVille, Tan with Tan top

- 06 GMC Sierra Z71, Black

- 92 Silverado C1500, black and grey

- 83 Chevy K10 Silverado, Black and Grey

b80385550.jpg

I think it goes on the other side of the grill :lol: ; the badge is a stylized image of the right front end of a CTS, so it goes on the right side of the grill. Adrien Monk (obsessive/compulsive TV character from "Monk") would be appalled.

Looks good otherwise; post a wider shot with the front end in view for the real effect pls.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I have mine in the exact same place (actually, up one "row" on the grille). I think it looks great.

Too bad you live in North Dakota. It'd be cool to get our cars together one time. They sound like exact sisters.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Oops! I just figured since the older ones were always on the drivers side, I'd put mine there! I'll take a wider shot when it stops snowing here <_<

They really do sound like sisters. Let's hope we don't park in the same parking lot somewhere. We're going to try to get into eachothers cars! :lol:

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Mine is on the Driver's side....

I'd say 75% of the ones I see are on the Driver's side....

It's just a personal preference.... put it wherever you want.

Honestly, the emblem thing is so nice, I was seriously considering putting it on the trunk, above where it says "32v Northstar"... I was hoping it wouldn't get so beat up on the back... but in the end, I put it on the grille, where everyone else does...

I really wanted one but can't seem to locate them.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Try eBay. That's where I got mine. Not sure, but there was one with a cadillac crest instead of a number on there.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

In the heritage thing?? Wow! That's a lot of caddy's! ^_^

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

Honestly, the emblem thing is so nice, I was seriously considering putting it on the trunk, above where it says "32v Northstar"... I was hoping it wouldn't get so beat up on the back... but in the end, I put it on the grille, where everyone else does...

Ya know, that's interesting because my 2001 STS has an oval-shaped "ring" of SLIGHT discolorization on the grey license plate panel, just to the right of the license plate. It's so slight, you really only notice it in certain lights. It looks like a dealer emblem was stuck there, then removed sometime in the past. It happens to be the exact size of one of this oval medallions, but I didn't recognize that until you posted what you did. I bet that's what someone had on there prior to me owning the car.

Hmm, never thought of putting it there...

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I've been looking at those lately for my car but it would have to be the older design. They are a very classy addition to a Cadillac and a unique item.

Prompted by the recent discussion of Heritage of Ownership Medallions on this forum, I just purchased a new style medallion (with the correct number) off E-bay. It's a beautiful, high quality item in a fuzzy black box like jewelry comes in (I can understand why the previous owner didn't mount it on his car).

I would like to mount it on the grille . . . but where? My 2000 base model Deville has the stand-up crest-and-wreath hood ornament. The grille is just plain, unbroken egg grate 8 wide x 5 high. What is the recommended position for the medallion?

For those who are interested, these come up on E-bay frequently. If you are patient, you'll soon find one with the correct number for you.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Well, I know the older ones were put on the drivers side, even with the hood ornament.

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

I would like to mount it on the grille . . . but where? My 2000 base model Deville has the stand-up crest-and-wreath hood ornament. The grille is just plain, unbroken egg grate 8 wide x 5 high. What is the recommended position for the medallion?

Put it wherever you like. I had the gold coin medallion on my '97 SLS with hood ornament and unbroken egg crate grille.

http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/medallion.htm

I have the new style medallion on my '01 STS in the exact same spot.

Yeah, I got mine from Ebay.... I think the guy worked at a Caddy dealer someplace, because he was allowing the buyers to specify what number they want.... Pretty reasonable. Under $20.

Mine came in a black velvet jewelry style case... real slick.

Came with 3M mounting tape and the bolt & wingnut setup...

They're on Ebay on and off, though, from various sellers.

That emblem gets pretty beat up on the front grill. You guys don't worry about scum-bag collectors/thieves.

In my experience, no worse than any other emblem does, either on the front grille or hood ornament. Frequent washings keep those medallions looking like new. Ours parks in the garage at night and my work is safe, so no issues with vandalism.

How could someone get that off? They would either have to have very tiny hands or have the hood open. It's not like you can just yank it off...or can you?

-Dusty-

b80385550.jpg

How could someone get that off? They would either have to have very tiny hands or have the hood open. It's not like you can just yank it off...or can you?

Unfortunately, thieves and vandals can tale anything off your car they want, if they know how and are willing to risk it. I know of cases where they've stolen badges, stand-up hood ornaments, stereos, wheels, whatever. I even heard that a transmission was stolen out of a Corvette parked during the day in the employee lot years ago when I worked at Lockheed.

It helps if you can park the car in a garage at night and avoid leaving it in high-crime areas. I'm sure an alarm can help - but they can cause their own inconveniences. :(

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I'm sure a schooled crook could get the hood open pretty easily if they wanted to...or they could just try to snatch the whole grille off. The medallion is secured well enough to keep honest people honest, but like Poobah said, anyone can take anything if they want it bad enough.

When I lived in an apartment, someone tried to snatch the hood ornament off my '97. They "unscrewed" it (where the ornament engages with the coil spring) pretty far, but eventually got tired and left it dangling there. I'm thankful they didn't key the hood or something when they got frustrated and left. There was no damage to anything...just the hanging hood ornament. I "screwed" it back in and JB Welded the tangs to the coil spring, so it won't get "unscrewed" anymore.

We were watching Cops last night and they were busting this guy who was stealing high-end cars with aftermarket wheels (he had two Escalades in his yard), and he'd take the wheels and dump the car. The locking lugs was no problem, he had some special hacked-up socket that apparently worked on a variety of different "anti theft" measures.

Yeah, they'll steal anything. I'm pretty lucky, I work in a kind of out-of-the-way area that gets very little attention, and I park inside at home.

Locking lugs.... quick story. I bought my C5 used, and it had locking lugs on it. Of course, I don't get the special matching socket from the previous owner... story of my life.

After looking around, trying to buy the right one, I see in the Sears Tool catalog there is a Craftsman set of 3 Sockets that removes any locking lug. So I go buy the set, and wa-la, they're off. Worked beautifully.

I'm quite sure your wheel theives are aware of the locking lug remover....

Archived