CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Southern Flies and White Cars

ranebeen

:( I have not seen any white cars pictured on this site, probably for good reason. I have a 91 Seville (white) that is like a magnet for flies. They love to warm their little behinds on my car and then leave a black spot of poop when they are rested and leave.

My problem is how to remove it without damage to paint. I have found that Bug and Tar Remover works best of all the things I have tried but you all know how big a job that is.

Does anyone know of any thing that will work better, easier, and still now completely wipe out your wax job?

http://www.zymol.com

You can use one of the Zymol car wash soaps and use very warm, NOT hot, water to saturate the spots with the water and soap mixture. Use a large, full towel, soak the towel in the very warm water/soap solution and let the towel rest on the car for about a minute. That should soften and loosen up the bug excrement enough where you can wash most of it off.

Zymol makes a cleaner/wax that should do the trick of removing the remaining traces of the little bugger's excrement.

If you wax the car regularly using a carnauba wax product, the excrement sticks to the wax, not the paint. Just something to think about for the future.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

:( I have not seen any white cars pictured on this site, probably for good reason.

????????? You must be new here. (Look down..) As they say in Austrailia :'No flies on that car" ;)

I'm curious..what would that "good reason" be?

If you REALLY want to see some more white Cadillacs, go to the home page here, and open 'Peoples Cars'..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

I don't have that kind of fly problem with my Diamond White STS. In fact, usually after a wax job, I find flys lying on their backs dead on the hood and roof of the car. This really surprised me!

So, I called my buddies from WV and after a few cold Buds and a LOT of discussion, we've come to the conclusion that the flys were attempting to land on the freshly waxed CADDY, slipping, and BREAKING THEIR NECKS! Boy those clay bars really work!

What kind of wax are you using by the way? Not brewing it up yourself by any chance?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I too have no problems with my white diamond paint. I live in rural Woodstock Ill. (plenty of flies). Smearing a little dog doo on your neighbors car will usually keep yours fly free. :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist.

Hi all......

I have been using a product for several years that is really outstanding and cheap!!!! I buy it at Costco and it's labeled"Oil Eater".... It's biodegradable and we now use it for just about everything, including spot removing on clothing and even as a furniture cleaner(we did an entire sofa) and as a carpet cleaner. We use it for cleaning the shower, appliances etc.

I discovered that if I spray the front of my car a few minuted before washing it, the bugs will just brush off with the car brush. I also clean my boat and anything dirty, especially with grease or oil. I would be surprised if it damages paint...I haven't noticed it if it has.

The only negative I have found is that prolonged contact with skin will dry it, so I believe it's an anhydrous.

For just under $8.00 you get one gallon of "Oil Eater" along with a one quart spray bottle with sprayer. It is an outstanding value and I always keep 6 or 8 spare gallons on hand to introduce to friends.

Take care, ;)

Mine is white....take a look....www.cardomain.com/id/cadman954 , But the other day when I got it, it really didnt look that great but ill tell you one thing.

CLAY BAR. Thats all

Nice wheels. Appears to have been well taken care of. Thanks for your comments.

:( I have not seen any white cars pictured on this site, probably for good reason.

????????? You must be new here. (Look down..) As they say in Austrailia :'No flies on that car" ;)

I'm curious..what would that "good reason" be?

If you REALLY want to see some more white Cadillacs, go to the home page here, and open 'Peoples Cars'..

Your comments are about as expected, from reading your previous posts on the site. The picture of your car as appears on the computer looks to be the silver-grey color, not white. Sorry if I affended you in any way. Yes I am fairly new to the site and have gotten some good info from the majority of serious minded, intelligent people who reply to the problems posted.

I don't have that kind of fly problem with my Diamond White STS. In fact, usually after a wax job, I find flys lying on their backs dead on the hood and roof of the car. This really surprised me!

So, I called my buddies from WV and after a few cold Buds and a LOT of discussion, we've come to the conclusion that the flys were attempting to land on the freshly waxed CADDY, slipping, and BREAKING THEIR NECKS! Boy those clay bars really work!

What kind of wax are you using by the way? Not brewing it up yourself by any chance?

Good humor here. No I use Kit Carnauba, which gives good results and hard finish, but it still gets penitrated by those pesky flies - and Bug and Tar Remover is a bit hard on it. Thanks for your comments and humor.

:) Thanks to all of you serious and intelligent people who responded to my question. I received some good info and I appreciate it. My 91 Seville only has 48K miles and pretty much in mint condition. I am not quite the Caddy Fanatic that so many on this site seem to be, however, I enjoy my ride and will probably end up passing it down to my Grandson one of these days. As for my every day driver, I prefer my Subaru Outback, because of economy, looks, versatility, and ease with which it can be serviced (I do my own). Thanks Again and I will continue to monitor the site for laughs as well as good information. :D

You like the looks of a Subaru better???? Maybe it's time for thicker glasses! :lol::lol::lol::blink:

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived