CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A scary evening

my wife is sore, but ok. This little car and it's tank-like structure probably saved her life as the other vehicle was a Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup (much larger). So now we get to play the insurance game...will they fix it or total it. It will need at least a new: door, mirror, fender, bumper, wheel, axle:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

Ouch. Glad your Wife is okay.

If it does get totalled, I sense an opportunity for a new CTS, or maybe a Saturn Sky Redline, if she does not mind a 2 seater. The Saturn Aura is also very nice.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Thanks Bruce, actually, we though about a CTS, but we she really likes her VWs, and with how well it faired, we are thinking about a Jetta if we have to go that route. Just don't want to have 2 car payments, and we would have to go that route for another caddy (although I'd love having 2 caddy's in the garage). Will we for sure get a 4 door...gotta keep the future in mind ;)

Yes, glad to hear that she's ok. I'm interested in the details of the accident. I looked at a bug awhile back, for my wife, that a friend was selling. Doesn't look like it from a distance but an up close inspection indicated that it has a stout cab area. If my wife's present car hadn't been running so well I'm sure it would have found a new home on our driveway. Personally I don't care for the bugs but there is no accounting for taste is there? My wife thinks they're cute. I'd call that good gender specific marketing by VW. Sooo Dave......any details about the accident that you care to share with us?

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Unfortunately it was her fault. She was at a stop sign, at night, about to cross a divided highway. She said she looked both ways, saw some cars and waited. Looked both ways again, everything looked clear, and she pulled out. Somehow the pickup truck was in the wrong place at the wrong time and she simply didn't see it. No one was injured, the guy she hit was very nice, and no citations were issues by the (four!) cops that responded, so it could have been worse. I have no doubt that those two bars that you can kind of make out through the mangled sheet metal in the 2nd pic saved her from serious injury (or possible even saved her life) as the full force of that large pickup hit her door. We are just thankful everyone is OK. No word from our insurance co. (state farm) yet, it being the holidays is slowing everything down. And to top it off somehow we screwed something up and there is only rental services on the caddy (I just had that changed!)....oh well. Thanks for everyone's concerns. It's a real shame, we have had zero problems out of that car, and it only has 50k miles on it. <_< At least we have full coverage insurance.

-dave B)

Archived