CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ARNOTT REPLACEMANT STRUTS

I know from reading a couple of threads on other topics that members of this forum have decided to go with the Arnott brand of passsive replacement struts. I have weighed the pros and cons of offerings from Boston Suspension, Strutmaster and Suspension Alternatves and unless I hear bad things about Arnott, I am chosing them.

What I would really like is to hear from someone that has had a chance to put some miles on this brand. Nothing is better than hearing form someone who is currently using them. Arnott is not the cheapest but they have the resistors and wiring already on them. Did the '95 have auto-level feature like shown on their web site?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have posted a few of the Arnott shock/strut system remarks.

I am starting to feel like a sales representative for them. The are a very good system and I am quite satisfied with the quality and ride.

I have not put on the front struts onyet as I was waiting for the Eibach springs to arrive. I now have the springs, but it will be a couple of weeks before I can put them on. I am doing the head gaskets on my other STS right now.

I do have the rear shocks installed and the difference was night and day. As of right now I have about 1,000 miles on them and they work great with no error codes. The first few blocks the car felt so different I thought me tires might be a little low, so I checked the air pressure, right at 30 PSI. The car handles fine, I don't baby it or abuse it (I do spend a lot of time at 70+ conditions permitting).

A couple of time recently I have had to brake and manuver rapidly due to drivers cutting through traffic; the car brakes and steers without any hint of tire skip or float.

You can expect a nice solid ride that is comfortable (not "floaty").

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I know from reading a couple of threads on other topics that members of this forum have decided to go with the Arnott brand of passsive replacement struts. I have weighed the pros and cons of offerings from Boston Suspension, Strutmaster and Suspension Alternatves and unless I hear bad things about Arnott, I am chosing them.

What I would really like is to hear from someone that has had a chance to put some miles on this brand. Nothing is better than hearing form someone who is currently using them. Arnott is not the cheapest but they have the resistors and wiring already on them. Did the '95 have auto-level feature like shown on their web site?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Do they have them avaliable for the 98's yet?

When I e-mailed them about struts and shocks for my 97 STS, they weren't avaliable at the time but would be soon. I see on there web site they say 3-15-2004....... So I'm guessing soon.....

Dennis

I am doing the head gaskets on my other STS right now.

-George

Did you come out the top on your? I have another engine that I just timeserted yesterday (Sunday) to replace the motor in mine with a leaker.... Waiting for all my gaskets from partszoneline to show up before I start reassembly..

Dennis

• 9 months later...
So how much do the Arnott brand passive struts cost! Are they the cheapest!

I am asking the same question how much are they?!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

So how much do the Arnott brand passive struts cost! Are they the cheapest!

I am asking the same question how much are they?!

See link below for current prices. With shipping approx $600

http://www.arnottindustries.com/parts_Cadi...ille_yid32.html

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

:rolleyes: i used arnott installed about 4mo ago ride is great nice installation but they do not give u new mounting hardware especially for the rears if you have to cut the rears out new cushions from cadillsc is $60 the price for all four is 599 plus sh B) ipping

:rolleyes: i used arnott installed about 4mo ago ride is great nice installation but they do not give u new mounting hardware especially for the rears if you have to cut the rears out new cushions from cadillsc is $60 the price for all four is 599 plus sh B) ipping

So does installing the passive shocks free up the RSS wheel sensors in the front? I would like to buy a good used one (left or right) as a last effort to clear the frequent error code I am getting from the left front.

Thanks,

Jim in Phoenix.

94 Eldorado ETC, 89K

Archived