CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

94 concours

pepper37912

I cannot get my trunk lid to close. I tried using the pulldown feature but it does not work. I tried using the key but that also failed to correct the problem. What should I do. My car is sitting in the garage and now, not only does the trunk lid not work, the whole thing has gone dead. I don't know what to do. I am going to replace the battery today and see if that solves the problem but somehow I doubt that it will accomplish anything.

The trunk lid had been acting up for several weeks but now it is completely disabled. Help.

Hi Pepper,

First, you should post your problem in the main discussion forum ( http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=3 ). This page belongs to TDK and chances are that your post will not have a lot of visibility here. But since I was nosey enough to venture here and see your post..... try this. Take a can a WD-40 and spray some down into the pulldown motor and also the shaft of the pulldown hook. Sometimes the pulldown hook shaft loses lubrication and sticks. This happened to mine. Mine would stick now and then until it just stopped one day. No power, nothing. Some WD-40 down into the motor area and along the pulldown hook shaft and viola! Hope that's all it is for you too.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Check the operation of the upper latch switch - unplug the switch and use an ohm meter to check the continuity between the two contacts (on the switch) - you should have continuity when the switch lever is in the latch position.

If the switch fails the test, replace it - it is about $15 at the dealer. Also, check the wiring harness where it follows the trunk hinge - sometimes the wires will break due to flexing when the trunk is opened & closed.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

This page belongs to TDK!

What page? I didn't know I even owned a page! An entire page W O W!

Cool - I'm a page owner.

...nah nah the nah nah - - - I got a page and you don't - so there! :D

This is kinda like finding out about your long-lost rich great-great uncle's oil well that was given to you! B) Sheesh what fun my page and I are going to have together

caffine/sugar metabolize and time passes :blink:

Ahh... so where is this dang page that I own?

Now if I can just find my page. :(

I'm bummed about this whole page thing. First you got it and then you don't :huh:

Hey! just how did pepper37912 post and Regis find MY page anyway? I'm gonna look for their pages!

Yes folks, its been a slow day here ;)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

So it does appear to have been a slow day lol. TDK, pepper's original post was located here: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=31 . See??? You are the proud owner of a little corner of caddyinfo....pages included. I just hope pepper is able to navigate here to see the responses to his problem. It was his first post so hopefully he won't think his post was erased altogether.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived