CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New BFGoodrich Tires

ByStorm

Men... I just left Sears and had them pull and toss those GoodYear Eagles and put on four brand new BFGoodrich traction T/As' on the '01 STS. Its was raining when we left (me and the wife) and it is a 20 minute ride home, so far so good. Tomorrow we will go to Buffalo for lunch or dinner (depending what time I get up) then I can do the 60 mph test to see if I get any vibration. (actually the 80 mph test)

ByStorm

Keep me posted. I just swaped my Good Years for Michelins. Still have the vibration. Took it back and they did some work on my 01 STS. Rotated tires, turned rear rotars and a few other things but it is still there. All be it not as bad. Will be going back to the dealer to try again. I will also keep you posted.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

Good luck with the new rubber. My vibration turned out to be 2 (two) bent wheels that went undetected by numerous tire installers / balance operations. Long story.

And off topic; why drive to Buffalo when you have Dinosaur Bar-B-Que right there at home??

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I just got some Cooper High performance tires from a customer who didnt have a force balancer. He tryed twice to get the vibration out and couldnt. Had to spend $100 to get a force balance at Goodyear. For that you get lifetime balanceing and tire rotation every 6K mi. and a vibration free ride.

I bought a set of BF Goodrich Traction TA tires this past Sunday at Sears. I bought the 225-50-16 size. I had 245-50-16 on my car previously. I couldn't believe the difference. The traction was superior, ride was smooth, steering response was great, and no vibration. The installer told me that the tires were easy to balance and took very little weight. This is the best tire that I have had on my car. I have 217,000 miles on the car and this is the 4th set of tires. I have not had the opportunity to try them on wet roads yet, but the tires have good reviews on wet roads. I will be taking a trip this weekend to Orlando, FL so I will get a chance to try the tires in various conditions and speeds.

Fast SLS, FYI, watch out for the cops on I-4 (Daytona to Orlando) . Lots of construction and they like to sit where you cant see them. They usually dont run radar until it's too late... I drive it at least once a week to go Party down there and see people pulled over all the time..

Keep the shiny side up and the sticky side down! MD

Cop didn't see it, I didn't do it!

93 STS 225,000 Miles

99 STS 111,000 Miles

Glad the BFG Traction T/As are working out... I'm thinking of getting them too.

How is the tire noise? Are they quiet on the road?

I believe that the Traction T/As are V-Rated, so I guess Sears will install them on the STS (Z-option). Costco refuses to install anything but Z-rated tires on my STS.

Men... I got back from my lunch date to Buffalo with the wife and I must say lunch was great.

The ride on the BFGoodrich Traction T/As' was superb. Traction at 80 was great, no vibration and smooth sailing. Steering control was superb. I have nothing bad to say. I put the car in cruise control @75 and just kicked back and listen to the 6 disk cd player, if I could hug my STS I would. I am now waiting for the rain and maybe some snow to see how the tires react.

I got home and washed both caddys. I tucked the STS in the garage and will drive my '88 to work in the morning. Towards the end of the summer I will be looking for some summer rims and I will be looking at BFGoodrich to supply the rubber.

Two thumps up for BFGoodrich Traction T/As :D

ByStorm :D

I bought a set of 225/60/16 Traction T/A's on my Eldorado and am extremely happy with them! Can't beat the ride, low noise, and excellent traction in dry and wet conditions. I have about 1K mi. on them now, but only got to try them out in minimal snow because it was the end of the season here. I would give them about an 8 out of 10 there from what I did test. At least as good as the Michelin X-one's I had on my Grand Am, at much less cost.

To see a couple pics of the tires and the car with them on check this post...

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=908

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived