CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Chrome Lug Nuts

Looking into buying a set of chrome lug nuts, and also wheel locks. The wheels I am replacing just used the standard lug nut, because they where behing the center cap.

Any suggestions on where to shop, and what the thread size is? I need them ASAP, as I am picking up my new tires/wheels from the tire shop today. I planned on asking them, but they may be a pretty high priced alternative...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :D

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

i got some from autozone... i think (i don't exactly remember) they are 115mmx1.5 the chrome is already flaking off (after having my tires rotated one time) there's got to be some better quality ones somewhere. but they had them for both aluminum and steel wheels, open and closed ends.

Yup, I kind of expected that. If you buy them from A-Zone, or someplace like that they may not last too long. I would like to have a fairly good quality set. (No Chinese junk here! <_< ) Sounds like the factory ones that are closed-ends are 2 piece. The chrome cap closes over an externally threaded lug nut.

So... they are metric threads huh? Kind of figured they would be. Don't understand the 115 x 1.5 size you gave... I figured they are about a 1/2" diameter, so wouldn't that be a 12mm thread or so? The 1.5 is the pitch?

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Anybody ever hear of these or know of there quality? Like the idea of the deep key. Don't want to damage my rims any more than they are already! ;)

http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores...6&storeId=10101

Not sure if I'm too keen on the colored ones, but the chrome ones look decent. Not sure if they are made in USA though...

Cardio-Doc has some :)

Something tells me you'll look elsewhere

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2464852803

eBay has quite a few other sets -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=42614

But, I'd go with Konig - I think they're better quality.. Good luck!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33749

Eric

93 Cad Seville 100K

95 Chev Blazer 143K [garaged summers] :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally recieved these Gorilla tuner-style lug nuts from Summit Racing last night, and had to install them right away of course! Slushy/salty roads where a big concern, as the old exposed end lug nuts were already rusting after just one week... :( The new BFG Traction T/A tires are awesome improvement in this weather! :)

The new Tuner style lugs look very nice with those wheels and tires. Love the way that deep slip-over socket feels when you are torqueing them down too, not much chance you will mar the rims there! Will have to take a pic or two to show before/after with the new shoes. Really updates the car's looks dramatically!

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got her cleaned up and got a quick snapshot scanned in. The lugs, rims, and tires make the car look significantly more up to date...

post-3-1080961932.jpg

Here is a view of the entire car after the transformation... Gotta take a better one once I cross-drill the rotors and paint the calipers!

post-3-1080962191.jpg

I like it! What color are you doing the calipers?

-Eric

Thanks Eric! Im thinking either silver, or perhaps red. Leaning more towards the silver...

Archived