CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Strange Question...

CRC2362

Hey everyone, I have a strange question that will probablly get a few laughs at my expense but here it goes... For as long as I can remember I never raise or lower more than one window at a time. Friends think I'm nuts. Nowdays people think nothing of just pushing the window buttons together whether it be up or down. I fell it puts unnecessary strain on the alternator. Anyone have any comments on this, or am I just nuts? Craig.

Hey everyone, I have a strange question that will probablly get a few laughs at my expense but here it goes... For as long as I can remember I never raise or lower more than one window at a time. Friends think I'm nuts. Nowdays people think nothing of just pushing the window buttons together whether it be up or down. I fell it puts unnecessary strain on the alternator. Anyone have any comments on this, or am I just nuts? Craig.

You have a 140 amp generator and a battery that can supply hundreds of amps of starting power. The pissant amount of power required by your windows is relatively inconsequential. I'd push them buttons without restraint.

Regards,

Warren

EDIT: Okay, I did enjoy a small chuckle. :) Hope it didn't cost you much.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I run two up all the time, I wouldn't worry about it. How about the HEATER FAN, WIPERS, HIGH BEAM HEADLIGHTS, REAR WINDOW DEFOGGER and RADIO on at the same time? :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Sure, you can push two buttons simultaneously, but use only one hand to avoid an accident.

:lol::lol::lol:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Absolutely don't worry about it at all

The drain from power windows is just about nothing compared along side of all of the other things.. it doesn't matter

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Sure, you can push two buttons simultaneously, but use only one hand to avoid an accident.

Seriously... I saw a guy who pushed buttons on his laptop with left hand while touching the touch pad with right. :blink: I would never ever even CONSIDER doing that if I did not see it myself! :D

CRC2362,

No insult, just having a good laugh. :)

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

I think they should have an EXPRESS UP for all four windows :lol: :lol:

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Seriously... I saw a guy who pushed buttons on his laptop with left hand while touching the touch pad with right. :blink: I would never ever even CONSIDER doing that if I did not see it myself! :D

CRC2362,

I sure have broken some computers in my day,

I've thrown several of them literally at a wall or concrete floor

I can't tell you have many mice and keyboards I've been through

I use to break my cordless phone every few days and buy another one

I use to break alot of high dollar things I had a good healthy temper

I was making alot of money and things either would perform or end :lol:

Ha, yep... and that was when you paid for a computer

None of that $599 stuff

And a good cordless phone was $300 and up

The good old days

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

CRC2362,

I sure have broken some computers in my day,

I've thrown several of them literally at a wall or concrete floor

I can't tell you have many mice and keyboards I've been through

I use to break my cordless phone every few days and buy another one

I use to break alot of high dollar things I had a good healthy temper

I was making alot of money and things either would perform or end :lol:

Ha, yep... and that was when you paid for a computer

None of that $599 stuff

And a good cordless phone was $300 and up

The good old days