CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 DTS IPM Code

jhall

B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

# B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

The temperature control for the back seat, which blows from the center console on the center of the back seat just below knee level, isn't responding as the computer thinks it should. This is probably a stuck temperature control air mix door or a loose vacuum line that operates it.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Ain't no vacuum actuators in modern Cadillacs :D .

B0429 as applied to a 2000 - 2005 Deville has been updated to Auxiliary Air Temperature Actuator Range Error. In Cadillac vernacular, auxiliary means rear seat.

Without the high dollar test equipment there is not much you can do except; clear the code, start engine, set master temp. control to a few degrees above ambient temp., toggle passenger temp. control to full red, then with rear seat blower on high, toggle rear seat temp. control full up and full down a few times very slowly.

This will exercise the auxiliary actuator from warm to cool to warm to cool in an attempt have the actuator motor catch up with the expected position voltage reference. No guarantees, but I would certainly try it.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi Guys,

I've got a 200 DTS that shows an IPM B0429 code as active.

Can someone give me the description for this?

Thanks

Jeff

Did you by any chance have the rear seat out. I took the rear seat out and got the same code.

I'm following this thread because my Deville has had this code ever since I got it. The rear seat bottom cushion has been taken out to replace the battery (although I had the code before that). I'm wondering what the connection between the seat cushion and the air temperature actuator might be (I'm assuming the actuator is in the console between the front seats).

I ordered a set of Factory Service Manuals which I should receive in a week or so. I plan to look into this issue after I get them but any help this thread can provide is a bonus.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I'm wondering what the connection between the seat cushion and the air temperature actuator might be (I'm assuming the actuator is in the console between the front seats).

The auxiliary air control actuator is buried under the dash along with all the other HVAC system pieces.

One curious design point; the front fan speed is controlled via PWM (blower motor control processor). The auxiliary fan speed is determined by resistors!

One more item that "might" relate to the auxiliary system faults (and I have not tested this to be sure, hence the "might"), there is a seperate 10A fuse for the auxiliary fan labeled as RR BLO under the rear seat

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived