CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

trunk pull down

ArtDeco

A problem with my 92 Eldorado. The trunk lid will close on the first catch but the motor will not pull it down all the way. It will pop open from the 1st catch as normal with the key fob button or the button in the glove box. It doesn't seem to be a power issue. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Is this thing just fried and can it be operated as a normal trunk lock? thanks.

The pulldown motor uses a screw mechanism. You can take the pulldown mechanism apart, then put it in the 'down' position, and use it as a normal trunk.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Does the motor pull the trunk closed part way and then stop or does the motor not operate at all?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Three ideas come to mind - Upper latch switch, lower limit switch, or a broken wire near the trunk hinge. The wire will sometimes break inside the insulation and make it difficult to spot. There is a very detailed troubleshooting procedure in the shop manual.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Awhile back my trunk pull down stopped working. Some days it would work and other days not. The symptoms were the same as you describe....when I pushed the lid down it would engage but not pull down. Couldn't hear any noise from the motor. It seemed like the motor was dying or dead. Before I did anything drastic I sprayed some WD-40 down into the pull down mechanism. Viola! It's been working fine ever since.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Three ideas come to mind - Upper latch switch, lower limit switch, or a broken wire near the trunk hinge. The wire will sometimes break inside the insulation and make it difficult to spot. There is a very detailed troubleshooting procedure in the shop manual.

Thanks for the replys, I'll try some things.

Archived