CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

new owner of used '99 DeVille

90vtwin

It is complex, but everytime I work on it I am at awe of the design. I am finding it very easy and straight forward to work on. I love the on-board diagnostics, it gives you the codes for almost everything that is wrong with the car, and the Factory Service Manual tells you how to deal with it. Have you checked the diagnostics yet? Turn key on, engine off, press and hold for a few seconds the "off" and "warmer" buttons on the climate control panel and write down any codes that appear in the message center. When you get the "PCM?" message it is done. Hit "auto" button or turn the key off to get out of diagnostics. Post your findings.

Hi, changed front rotors, front brakes, coolant (and added the Bar's powder),

bled brake fluid (through front only though),

replaced power steering fluid (the iterative method :-) ). And also recorded my codes

(I assume they are historical meaning that they are not happening now since the SES light

is not on ?)

P1632 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Disable Signal Received

B1126 - Driver Deployment Loop Open

C1125 Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation

B2120 - Lumbar Up/Down Sensor Failed

B1983 - Device Power Circuit Low

B0856 - B0856 - Battery 2 Out of Range

U1300

U1000

I referred to

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2b.html#bod

but Could not click on 'U' codes it said that 'server failed'

The battery was replaced before I bought the car,

is there anything in the above I should be worrying about (like this C1125 if that happened

to the car before?)

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

Vlad,

You are doing OK. Do not worry about the codes. Clean them. When you see a lot of codes the first thing to check is battery cables/connections and grounds.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is complex, but everytime I work on it I am at awe of the design. I am finding it very easy and straight forward to work on. I love the on-board diagnostics, it gives you the codes for almost everything that is wrong with the car, and the Factory Service Manual tells you how to deal with it. Have you checked the diagnostics yet? Turn key on, engine off, press and hold for a few seconds the "off" and "warmer" buttons on the climate control panel and write down any codes that appear in the message center. When you get the "PCM?" message it is done. Hit "auto" button or turn the key off to get out of diagnostics. Post your findings.

Hi, changed front rotors, front brakes, coolant (and added the Bar's powder),

bled brake fluid (through front only though),

replaced power steering fluid (the iterative method :-) ). And also recorded my codes

(I assume they are historical meaning that they are not happening now since the SES light

is not on ?)

P1632 - Theft Deterrent Fuel Disable Signal Received

B1126 - Driver Deployment Loop Open

B2120 - Lumbar Up/Down Sensor Failed

B1983 - Device Power Circuit Low

B0856 - B0856 - Battery 2 Out of Range

U1300

U1000

I referred to

is there anything in the above I should be worrying about (like this C1125 if that happened

to the car before?)

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

Not all codes turn on the SES light, even if they are current. When you check for codes, it will say either "Current" or "History" next to the code that's displayed. Recheck the codes and see if it says current or history. Also, I would clear the codes and see if any come back. The only code that you may be a little concerned with is the C1125 code. You mentioned you had some pulsating in the steering wheel. This code may be related to that. Again, check if it's a current or history code first, then clear all the codes and after using the car for a couple of days, see if any codes reappear.

I referred to

to the car before?)

Thanks in advance,

Vlad

You meant to type C1225, right?

Your wheel speed sensor is acting flaky and if the wiring harness is secure and not damaged, that is probably pointing at a hub replacement.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Thanks guys for the followups,

yes all say history

I will clear the codes tonight

I also started to experience a strange problem

typically after rainy weather (appears when the road is still wet)

I some times get some noise coming from the front reminisent

of antilock brakes or something to that nature engaging,

just the moment I start driving.

Then ABS light stays on.

Then if I stop and turn the engine on and off, ABS light disapears and the car

drives normally.

I also saw today a quick message 'Traction Engaged'

so all of this may be pointing to some kind of problem either with the sensor

or the front wheels/assembly. But do not know.

The car drives very nicely, the pulsating feeling is still there but it is barely noticeable

and only if you try to go like race cars before the laps start (from side to side)

The car drives very nicely, the pulsating feeling is still there but it is barely noticeable

and only if you try to go like race cars before the laps start (from side to side)

Wheel bearing.

Wheel bearing.

TCS C1225 Left Front Excessive Wheel Speed Variation

came back after clearing the codes.

So I assume it is left wheel bearing that I need to replace... I will take it apart this weekend

but then I have to wait for my service manual to figure out where the hub is and how to take it

out.

thanks for all th pointers

Vlad,

Check thi out: http://www.autopartsgiant.com/CAT_FRAMEX.cfm

looks like the TIMKEN hub bearing assembly on ebay (I sent you the link) is the same part number 513121, and you can get it for half of the price. Just email the seller to be sure. Good luck!

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived